white husky needs home

scotty b

Butterfly Fish
found a white husky wandering in the road , no collar or tags
hair was a bit matted , dog is large I would say less than a year old
I am unable to keep him , he seems good with other dogs and kids

any one looking to take in a new family member ?

Haddonisreef

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
Having a huskey I'm sure the owner is looking for it!! These white huskeys are not cheep! I'm going on vacation or I'd help find it owner!!

Jadkins4

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
If my husky ever got loose Id do about anything I could to get him back home. Have you posted on local Facebook groups like classifieds, up cycle, or if you having a missing dog group or let the local shelter know? Definitely give it a couple days to try and find the owner of the dog before just giving it away. Husky are stubborn sometimes and will run far away from home.

sethsolomon

Hammerhead Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
post that you found a husky on craigslist but post no picture. Have the person send you a picture of the dog to ID them as the owner. Also call up the shelters in the area and let them know you found the dog.

scotty b

Butterfly Fish
posted on cl and was getting spammed with people wanting to buy him & people who where saying they lost a husky and wanted to get him right away that obviously where not his owners -_-

I would say he has been loose a few days and I could find no signs around where I found him

I looked on cl and did not see any lost dog posts that looked like him

Haddonisreef

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
Maybe call local human society to see if any one is looking for one or has called in. Those people that spammed you just ask for a pic of the dog to confirm.

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Take him to your local vet, if he has a micro chip which is very likely they will be able to scan it and then they can track down the owner

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Although if you cant find the owner and he has no chip, I might be able to take him. My cats might kill me but the daughter and wife really been wanting a dog and huskies are great dogs

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
+1 on checking to see if he's chipped...it's pretty rare for a dog not to be these days. Given that huskies tend to be unrelenting escape artists, I'd hope their owner took that precaution and you can get him back to his home :)

scotty b

Butterfly Fish
He isn't chipped and no one seems to be looking for a dog fitting his description. When we took him to the vet to check for a chip she recommended finding him a new home since he doesn't look well taken care Of.

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
scotty b;345659 said:
He isn't chipped and no one seems to be looking for a dog fitting his description. When we took him to the vet to check for a chip she recommended finding him a new home since he doesn't look well taken care Of.
That's sad. :( I wish I could help; with the upcoming move to an apartment I don't think I'd be able to take him in as much as I'd love to. Hope you can find a good home for him!! Let me know if you need help, if you get me a pic I can forward to a friend that loves to rehome pups :)

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Ya and like a fool I asked the wife and she said no, but send me some pics and stuff and I will help find him a home.