Whoops! Guess I'm gonna have to learn how to drywall after all....

Boogie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
So I've been working on switching out my 125g to a 210g. The "plan" is to have the 210g plumbed through the wall and into a basement sump.

This very "plan" involved cutting a 10"x12" hole in the wall that had been carefully measured out, twice....then hacked apart into what loosely resembled a square with a jig saw.

As the drywall dust settle I took a step back to admire my handy work. Damn I done good I thought to myself...

Then it happened, I looked down into my masterpiece of a hole to start the hole cutting process into the floor and noticed not the floor I expected to see but yet a large 2x4 brace and plastic box....hmm...guess that pesky refridgerator on the other side of the wall needs to have power and water...hmm..who knew? sigh...

that0neguy1126

Registered Users
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yes, very easy. and if you make a mistake, its easy to fix. Actually the larger the problem, the easier to fix. and it will blend better. Its hard to fix a small hole. I end up knocking out a giant one just so it blends better with the existing wall.

Boogie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I used orange duct tape..no lie...good as new..ok..maybe not quite new...or good...but meh, its not a big hole.

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Pics brah!!!!

Boogie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Off The Deep End;123060 said:
Mark, i will fix it properly if you would like:)
Will you marry me?

Off The Deep End

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Boogie;123064 said:
Will you marry me?
I dont know... im not quite 5' 6" or asian and i sure as h3ll speak alot of english... hmm... i dont think im your type:)

Walter White

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Mark might it just be easier to move the recepticle? Depending on where is located you may just be able to drop in a remodel box and move it over if you don't want to redo the drywall. Just an idea but hard to tell which is the lesser evil without seeing it.

rajah

Clown Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Mark, that fluorescent orange duct tape really blends nicely with the color of the wall. I bet if you stepped back a few feet you wouldn't even notice where the patch is. Nice work.

Boogie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
rajah;123437 said:
Mark, that fluorescent orange duct tape really blends nicely with the color of the wall. I bet if you stepped back a few feet you wouldn't even notice where the patch is. Nice work.
inorite....I always strive for perfection, never look to take the easy or funny route, strickly perfection.