Will clownfish host anything else besides an anenome?

Heffe01

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
The wife is setting up a 3 gallon nano, and wants to have a pair of clownfish in there. Since the tank is so small I told her is probably wouldnt be a good idea to have an anenome, cause she wants to have other corals as well. Im afaird of the thing stinging everything in there. Is there anything else they will host in? Or are there small non aggresive anenomes that would be a good option?

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
they will host just about anything ...are you sure 3 gallons is enough for a pair of clowns?

SteveT

Butterfly Fish
dv3;113081 said:
they will host just about anything ...are you sure 3 gallons is enough for a pair of clowns?
I would also say 3G is too tight for a pair...a pair of sexy shrimp would be good for something that size. I just got a barnicle blenny for my girlfriends 3G pico. he has plenty of room and is one of the most interesting little fish I have seen, very cool colors too.

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yeah was at elite and they had a ton of new little fish perfect for a pico tank.

Heffe01

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yeah...were gonna get a small pair. The smallest we can find. And then when they get to big for the pico...in the big display they will go.

Heffe01

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
I would have to disagree on that. Exoctic's displays their ecopico with 2 clowns, a mandarin, and a sexy shrimp. And that tank is only 5.1 gallons. 2 small clowns will be fine in a 3 gallon.

hoodrat

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
My wife has 2 of zooid's baby clowns in it for prob the last 5 months and there is more than enough room

adoucette

Clown Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
My clowns hosted in my large frogspawn in my 29g and in my duncan in my 180g. I have a large anenome in the 180 and they like the duncan better. Whatever makes them happy I guess...

Heffe01

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
I dont know how tasty clownfish are...but i will buy it if you eat it! Could be a challenge at the meeting...lol...winner gets a frag.

Zooid

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
3gallons is plenty.
I have a breeding pair in about that volume.
I also have about 50 black and white ocellaris in a 10 gallon......don't recommend it but they do fine if you keep up with water changes.