Will clownfish host anything else besides an anenome?

ShelbyJK500

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
wicked demon;113469 said:
Yup, the female took like 6 months to decide to host in my flame tip BTA, I was waiting for what seemed like forever, as soon as she did, it made the BTA mad and it started moving, killing stuff, and that was the last chapter in my clowns and nem book.
Good to know...I've been riding the fence on throwing a nem in the tank for those very reasons. Happy tank, not sure I want to disrupt it with a nem at this point. :(

Haulin Oates

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I just read it too!!! Funny $h!t!!! BTW to keep on topic, my clowns host my pulsing Xenia, but after they started, the pulsing kinda stopped...

That is 15 minutes of my life I won't get back, and it was worth it. Good read. Too funny.

Heffe01

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Think i will make a valet sign with her name on it and stand outside reefstock....just so I can falcon punch her in the stomach it she still lives here.

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
She didn't even back down from the lies when the "prize tank" was revealed...wow. lol, good bump

Zooid

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I remember when that crap happened LOL.

I love the way everyone was appalled about clowns in a three gallon tank.
I'd like to know how many of those "experts" have clowns breeding in a bigger tank.
;)

I dont usually laugh out loud reading tge forums, but getting to the slam dunk reverse image search my wife had to turn and ask what the hell was so funny.

Open invite to chelsea to have a beer with me. So I can shake the hand of one of the best trolls ever to troll so effortlessly.

Op topic:
My percs hosted a power head with my magfloat next to it for a few days. I added in,a rose tip and they ignored it for a bit. So I left the magnet about the same height as the bta and added som current to hopefully push them to it.
The female took first and instantly fell in love with the bta. Took about 2 more days and the male will now dive right in. its pretty cool to watch em both snuggled into it at night.

Googled help for gettibg em to host when I first got em and found an odd trick not sure how valid.
Putting a picture of a nem hosting a clown facing into your tank... Wth anyone know if that works?

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

303travism

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I tried the picture the clowns would start doing a weird dance but then my wife would take down the picture cause she said it was mean I know she's weird!

Kindafishy

Cleaner Shrimp
This was a great thread! Quite funny.:D The post about the "prize tank" shocked me into the full read!

It was the clowns that drew me in though...

I've only ever kept Maroon clowns (I love em!! :eek:). Although it's been MANY years since I had any. My pair years ago seamed to host EVERYTHING!!;) They would cruise around the tank dropping into the Sebae, the Condi, my GIANT carpet full of porcelain crabs (crabs did not like this BTW), Frog spawn, even the elegance coral I had for a month or so. Since I've never kept other breeds. I don't know if this was a Maroon clown characteristic or not.

The only thing my clowns never hosted was a bubble anemone!:p