1. Welcome to the shiny new site! Please have a look around and let us know how its working for you. Please note that all returning members will need to reset your passwords to login again. Click on "forgot password" to reset your password. Thanks
    Dismiss Notice

WP 40's or 60's or RW20s?

Discussion in 'Jebao WaveMakers' started by Mermaid Gardens, Apr 6, 2015.

1. Mermaid Gardens

Mermaid Gardens Amphipod M.A.S.C Club Member

Couple interesting highlights from then Jabao spec page. The multi pump sync is pretty cool and they have a night sensor on the RW series. I am assuming the gallon rating is for 1 pump,

JebaoWireless Wavemaker

RW4,RW8, RW15 and RW20

*****In the multiple pumps condition.* each RW pump has a wired controller.*You can set one controller as the master and all the others (up to 8)as* slave.* You can use the master controller to control all the slave controllers wireless.* The wireless does*not*mean you can control* the pump wireless

Specifications:
    1.*Appropriate Tank Size Range: 30 to 300+ gallons

2. Flow rate:*

WP10/RW4*530GPH to 1000GPH 10-30 gallons
    WP25/RW8 800GPH to 2000GPH 30-60 gallons
    WP40/RW15*900GPH to 3400GPH 60-150 gallons
    WP60/RW20*2600GPH to 5300GPH 150-300+ gallons

8. Night Mode (sensor) function: Yes

2. LeviK

LeviK SCMAS Board Members S.C.M.A.S BOD

The 60s will create a vortex and suck up sand and suck down air on a 24"x24" tank even at the slowest speed setting. I had 1 on my tank and went back to the 40s. Fwiw I would go with the rw15. Also to say ecodrift will outlast jebao is obsurd seeing as we don't have a mass of people buying them over the past 2-3 years to give reliable data on the pumps. Also the rw pumps are completely redesigned pump heads that supposidly fixed the issues of stalling on the WP pumps. The original wp pumps were not reliable under 50% so anytime it would pulse for wave etc, it slowly ruins the pump. The new rw pumps are made to run down to 10%.

3. 19TheSaint75

19TheSaint75 Amphipod

I've had stalling issues below 20% on my RW20. When I set up my Apex to control the pump, anytime I set a speed lower than or equal to 20% the Apex would say it is running, but the propeller wasn't spinning.

4. LeviK

Interesting so 20% it is, the specs say 10%. actually this makes sense since Apex says they are not reliable under 1v and the jebao is a 0-5v so that means each 20% is 1v. My led lights on the apex use the 0-10v and at below 10% they just shut off even though my drivers can handle 0.1v

5. 19TheSaint75

19TheSaint75 Amphipod

So it may not be the pump. That makes sense.

6. Mermaid Gardens

Anyone see the rw15's at any LFS's?

7. sethsolomon

sethsolomon Shark M.A.S.C Club Member

Not for sale. I have seen a few using them though.

8. lpsouth1978@msn.com

lpsouth1978@msn.com Users with zero posts needing moderation to determine if they are spam bots

9. StoneAquatics

StoneAquatics Platinum Sponsors Platinum Sponsor

WP 40's or 60's or RW20s?

Something to keep in mind when buying pumps is where the pump is manufactured. While Ecotech products are higher in price, they are made in America by American workers. I have used both jebao and VorTech. Jebao is a low quality pump that can die within 3 months without any warranty. I've had 3 jebao' die within three months between pumps and power heads. I am partial to American made products for quality.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2015
  10. Mermaid Gardens

Good point @StoneAuquatics

11. LeviK

Interesting, I have always had a 1 year warranty from a us seller and have never had any problems with replacements.

12. Mermaid Gardens

Any thoughts or experience with the Hydor Koralia's and their controller?

13. zombie

zombie Barracuda M.A.S.C Club Member

Do you have an apex? If so, I would hold off and wait for the WAV to release.

14. Luke.Fraizer

Luke.Fraizer Amphipod M.A.S.C Club Member

I have 2 rw15s on my 210 and a wp25 on the back and it provides more than enough. Have to direct them correctly or they will kick up a bunch of sand as well. Good pump. Have had mine for 6 or so months.

15. lpsouth1978@msn.com

lpsouth1978@msn.com Users with zero posts needing moderation to determine if they are spam bots

The Koralia's are ok but I like the RW15 more.

16. Mermaid Gardens

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Got my RW-15's today. So far I like them. Reading the Chinenglish was very amusing, but simple enough to figure out. Not huge but move ALOT of water. Have them pulsing at 50% 16" off the bottom synced on opposite sides facing straight toward each other. They are moving sand and making waves on top! Sync and night sensors seem to work well.

17. sethsolomon

sethsolomon Shark M.A.S.C Club Member

Else mode is your best friend. The wave modes will cause the water to hop out of your tank :p