1. Welcome to the shiny new site! Please have a look around and let us know how its working for you. Please note that all returning members will need to reset your passwords to login again. Click on "forgot password" to reset your password. Thanks
    Dismiss Notice

wp10 ??

Discussion in 'Jebao WaveMakers' started by tony02133, Sep 10, 2014.

1. tony02133

tony02133 Cuttle Fish M.A.S.C Club Member

Ok so i was wondering if two wp10 will be overkill my 29 biocube

2. FishTV

FishTV Sardine M.A.S.C Club Member

Yes, I have one in a 29 biocube, cant imagine why you would need a second. If you turned them down to minimum, you might be able to make it work. Is there a reason you want two?

3. SkyDiv3r17

SkyDiv3r17 Prawn M.A.S.C Club Member

It depends.. I have one on my 30g and on high it blows stuff everywhere. However having two is a much more random flow. But it might be overkill, your corals may not like it! You can always turn it down though, and both being turned down on W1 function I think would be nice for it. But I say start with one and see how it goes!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2014
  4. tony02133

tony02133 Cuttle Fish M.A.S.C Club Member

I dont want to have dead spots ,thats why i was thinking on getting two instead of one

5. FishTV

FishTV Sardine M.A.S.C Club Member

I set my wp10 in the top left corner, blowing through the return flow. On pulse mode, it actually creates a double pulse, one side to side, and one front to back. IMO dead spots are more likely to occur from rock layout in a bio cube.

6. ReefCheif

ReefCheif Marlin M.A.S.C Club Member

I have a 29 and run 2 WP10s on wave mode on the quickest pulse, one on each side of the tank. I get great flow and circulation and nice movement on the corals, the LPS love it!! I found one WP10 just wasnt getting water where I needed it, the addition of the second one has cleared up the couple dead spots and detritus farms and the current seems to be better.