FS: Medium/Large Male Blue Jaw Trigger

IUFan

Angel Fish
My pair must have had a breakup as the female has turned male, I now have 2 male blue jaws and that eventually won’t end well.

Had him for 3+ years, medium/large, very fat and healthy. $70 pickup from Broomfield

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IUFan

Angel Fish
Would want him to go to a 180 tank if possible, he’s about 6” Long right now and likes open swimming space. Lots of personality, has been good in my Reef tank, he may have eaten a few peppermint shrimp but hasn’t touched my Coral Banded Shrimp or Cleaner Shrimp. May be the culprit for eating a few snails, but never witnessed anything, I think the key is to keeping him fed and he won’t need to look for other food in the tank.

jda123

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I have had about twenty X. triggers over the years and none of them have ever touched any invert. Most of the stories that you hear are supposition with only a very few actual eye-witness accounts of any ill deeds - and I have an eye-witness account of a purple tank eating a shrimp, so any fish can go rogue. IMO, these are more reef safe than non-Genicanthus angelfish or any tang or rabbit.

These are good reef citizens for the larger tank:
http://reefkeeping.com/issues/2005-05/hcs3/index.php

BTW - I have multiple males on many occasions without any issues.

jda123

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
The X. triggers do not have the anatomy to eat snails or get them out of the shell. Perhaps these fish are being mistaken for Rhinecanthus triggers, which can and do.

IUFan

Angel Fish
Will do, couple of people interested so will keep you posted, definitely want him to go to a good home.