Wtb doser or topoff pump

rplank

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
I'm in a bind and need something this weekend. Leaving the country Tuesday. Needs to do up to 2 gallons per day. I have a controller, just need a pump or doser.

Mine hasn't leaked a bunch. There were a bunch of guys talking about a fountain pump as being the best solution. Rate of flow is good and doesn't suffer from siphoning.

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Randy that AquA Lifter should be perfectly fine for your need. I have been running my current one 24/7 as an ATO for almost 3 yrs now with not one issue (its run dry a few hundred times even).

Where is it leaking from?

A submersible pond pump from HD, Lowes or harbor Freight will work as well but you will need IMO a manual timer that goes by 15 minute increments as well as a ball valve to reduce flow since 2 gallons will move in a few moments as Im sure you know.

I like my Tom's, I just wish that it didn't siphon. It took me a week to dial in the minimum amount of time it should run so that it isn't cycling too often, but it has worked flawlessly.

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
When you say siphon is it adding water to the sump when it shouldn't or sucking from the sump back into ATO? Might look for a check valve but dang it shouldn't do that for sure

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Wtb doser or topoff pump

Ahhhh now that you say that I think I remember that being an issue if you have the aqua lifter below the highest point (or close to it) of the source line coming from the ATO tank.

Where is your pump?

For instance I use these for ATO containers and I put the Aqua lifter through the handle. Never had it siphon - errrr so I believe.

Last edited by a moderator:

rplank

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
It leaks from inside the pump. Water bubbles up from under the connections. It's brand new. I blew it out through the lines and it's not obstructed. Brand new air tubing so it seals good.

rplank

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
I decided to try new airline before I trashed the new unit and wrote a nasty gram to marine depot, and now it works just fine.....wth???? Someone is testing me! Thanks for all the advice!