Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
Looks amazing.

Sctip

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
Ah is this for
The post about playing with the white balance when the blues are on only? Makes some wicked pics man.

Walter White

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
So crazy thing!

I had this black sponge growing in my tank for the lat 14 months or so. I wasn't happy about it because it was blackish brown and pretty ugly. I recently had a cyano outbreak that I treated with chemiclean.

Aside from the chemiclean wiping out the cyano I got an added bonus. My black sponge turned a very eclectric yellow color. It dosnt appear to be dying either. I don't mind the yellow as much. Anyone ever heard of such a thing?

On another update. My porcelain crab decided to make my sunburst his new home.

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
I'm sorry your pics are a little too awesome! What are you taking them with and what settings are you using? The tank looks amazing.

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
I had this white spondge on my rock for quite awhile, that suddenly turned black one day, but only in parts that are exposed to the light, but wish it had turned yellow like that too.

Walter White

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
MuralReef;362484 said:
I'm sorry your pics are a little too awesome! What are you taking them with and what settings are you using? The tank looks amazing.
Thanks! I use two different cameras.

Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS3 set to manual for underwater shots

Canon 70D set to manual using a 100mm macro and sometimes an 18mm-135mm telephoto and polarizing lens.

but im always playing with settings and trying new combinations. For every 1 decent shot I get I took 50 that didn't turn out. Im getting better all the time though and am thinking about taking some classes specific to macro and micro photography.

SynDen;362488 said:
I had this white spondge on my rock for quite awhile, that suddenly turned black one day, but only in parts that are exposed to the light, but wish it had turned yellow like that too.
So bizarre I have never heard of sponge changing color like this and it did it in one day.

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Awesome man! Cute babies and you are certainly getting the hang of that lens :)

Walter White

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Thanks everyone! I'm really starting to get addicted to the whole photography thing now. I find myself spending more and more time on the photography forums and just reading about it in general.

i will say that I got into it from the reefing aspect but the more I do it the more I am enjoying nature photography outside than reef photography but that may just because it gets kind of boring taking pictures of the same 60 cube.

FishTV

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Awesome pics.... Been wanting that lens for a while, just haven't been able to convince myself to do it. Your making it tougher to hold out!