Xbox 360 hard drive?

katyttt

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
We signed up for the free 30 days of xbox live gold, the updates blew the 20gig hard drive on the xbox, now we are stuck buying another.
Of course we will go with a much higher storage capacity HD but will be awhile.
And we can start all of the games over again at the beginning.

Xbox customer service said it was a coincidence that our 360 had run fine for years and the hard drive locked on the first day of Xbox live.
Awesome!​

Before we start looking for another, does anyone have an extra HD? The kind that sits on the top of the xbox.

Thanks.
Chris

spstimie

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Old or New 360? That's really odd, I have an old elite and new 360 with no additional HD and they both updated fine. I have only saved two games to the new model 360 though and the memory is full. It was also put online prior to putting any games on it. You may have to delete everything, try again, and be selective about what games you want to play online with.

katyttt

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Hi Shaun, It will not do anything with the HD installed, old version with the HD on top of the unit. It only had a 20gig HD, maybe that was part of the deal.
The second guy I talked to at Xbox support said he had seen it with older units. The updates took forever to download, obviously there has been a ton of new stuff since our unit was new in 2006.