Xbox live?

katyttt

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
We want to set up xbox live for the first time ever, but want to get the best deal/coupon/codes available. can anyone help a noob with some advice.

We have had the 360 for years but never went live (didn't think it would be all that cool to get my A*s handed to me in every game I owned while paying extra for it.

Now my 11 year old son says we have to have it so here we are.

katyttt

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
We have all the required things to hook up that came with the original 360, headset, ethernet etc. just didn't know if there was a better deal out there than the $50 year. Figured this was a good place to ask.

Thanks again,

ChrisB

Butterfly Fish
I never pay the normal price. And it also went up 10$ a year.

I watch amazon walmart toysrus deals.woot.com bensbargains.net ect ect when I am a few month out from a renewal. Can normally find a 30-40$ free shipping deal. Don't know of any currently sorry. My gaming forum people post good ones from time to time. I'll post one if I see one soon. Start with the 30 days free for starting a gold account to buy some time.

katyttt

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Thanks, ChrisB. That is exactly the inside info I was hoping to find. Please do send any deals you find in the future.

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yeah I love my PS3... You can't beat it, plus the netflix streaming rocks!!!

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I have Wii and the PS3... Never touch the Wii, been months since i turned that bad boy on...

I do dig a lot of the games Xbox puts out... My wife would kill and I mean kill(like push me down the stairs) me if I got an Xbox.

katyttt

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
We currently do netflix on the wii, my six year old likes the wii but no one else plays it. With three kids we went with the 360 and wii over the PS3.
Had to watch the birdcage again on netflix tonight,
LMAO again.

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
The servers on the 360 are way better. As in, faster matchmaking, paired with players close to your skill level, and almost no lag. I've played both and if it wasn't for the PS3 having blu-ray, I'd still have my 360. Well worth it if you're into gaming IMO.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

spstimie

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I have always got my membership and points from walmart or a game store. $50 for a year if you can find that anymore, maybe $60. I don't put cc#s on the system though.

ChrisB

Butterfly Fish
rockys_pride;101892 said:
The servers on the 360 are way better. As in, faster matchmaking, paired with players close to your skill level, and almost no lag. I've played both and if it wasn't for the PS3 having blu-ray, I'd still have my 360. Well worth it if you're into gaming IMO.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
Im a big gamer and have all three 360 is waaaay better for online gaming. I only buy Sony exclusive titles for my ps3 and blurays.

That and live doesn't go down for months live psn. :p

ChrisB

Butterfly Fish
Whatever u do do not give Microsoft your cc#. They auto renew and it's a bitch to quit the service. I spent a good 10 hours trying to cancel mine

katyttt

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
We signed up for the free 30 days of xbox live gold, the updates blew the 20gig hard drive on the xbox, now we are stuck buying another.
Of course we will go with a much higher storage capacity HD but will be awhile.
And we can start all of the games over again at the beginning.

Xbox customer service said it was a coincidence that our 360 had run fine for years and the hard drive locked on the first day of Xbox live.
Awesome!

Cherub

Hey you
M.A.S.C Club Member
Ouch I sold my XBOX after 2 years just because that's about when systems have problems lol...

Now that I think about it... Anyone want to buy a PS3? LOL