1. Welcome to the shiny new site! Please have a look around and let us know how its working for you. Please note that all returning members will need to reset your passwords to login again. Click on "forgot password" to reset your password. If you still have issues then email us at board@marinecolorado.org Thanks
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Site Upgrade complete! A new version of the forum software has been uploaded. Please let us know if you have any issues. Thanks

Yellow-colored caulking

Discussion in 'Newbies Corner' started by Roxborough Reefer, Aug 26, 2018.

1. While working on the used 90 gallon reef ready aquarium. I noticed the caulking surrounding the internal overflow barrier is yellow colored. Should I tear it out and replace with new caulking? If so, is this a special kind of silicone such as black silicone? Ideas?

Sent from my SM-G950U using MASC mobile app

2. scchase

scchase Marlin Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. B.O.D. Member-at-Large

Probably was a tank dosed with Furan 2, not really harmful to anything but it will stain the caulking like that.

3. TheRealChrisBrown

TheRealChrisBrown Barracuda M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. B.O.D. Member-at-Large

Lmmchops likes this.
  4. SynDen

SynDen Shark Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. M.A.S.C President M.A.S.C Webmaster

Ya the yellow doesn't necessarily mean the seal is bad. Pretty normal actually, but many of us take it as a sign to re-do the seams, even though they likely are perfectly fine. Just gives you some piece of mind, especially since re-doing the seal is pretty easy to do, and can be done in a few hours.