Yep, setting up another tank

scchase

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
B.O.D. Member-at-Large
So I picked up a new tank a few months ago and finally got it moved into the house today. The plan is to get it plumbed and filled this week and then start the cycling process, once it is good and steady I will redo the plumbing again to plumb it into my main system in the basement, to reduce equipment running costs (one skimmer, easier dosing and the like). This tank will be primarily zoas and LPS. Fish will focus on Fairy and flasher wrasses as well as a couple smaller species that I like that always get lost in the big tanks.
Equipment includes 3 AI SOL blues and contemplating either using 2 Ecotech WP40s or selling those and buying a Gyre 130 since I have been super impressed with the pair of 150s I have on the 480g. Also here is a couple pics to get this thing started.

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Nice tank Scott!

It takes more computing power to do 1 search of Google than it did to send Apollo 11 to the moon.

scchase

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
B.O.D. Member-at-Large
Got it filled with live rock today, all plumbing is done, and going to let it run for a few more weeks till I take the fish that I have set aside for it our of quarantine. Currently have a purple tang, tomini tang, adornatus fairy wrasse, 3 Bangaii cardinals, and picked up two pintail fairy wrasses today. Also have 2 green chromis and a yellow tang that I haven't decided where I am going to place yet.

The pintails still in the bag

scchase

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
B.O.D. Member-at-Large
For the rest of my fish list I am thinking Labout's Fairy, McCosker flasher wrasse, a shrimp and goby pair (probably Pink Bar), Midas Blenny, and perhaps a Rhomboid Fairy. Getting a good collection of Zoas going as well, but also still need to find a bubble coral, some various Acans, and a few more Zoas coral wise.

scchase

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
B.O.D. Member-at-Large
Time for another update, added the first group of fish today and the rest of the corals I have had set aside for the tank. Going to be brutal for the next three weeks waiting for my filefish to get through with quarantine to take care of the Aiptasia. Also looking for a variety of different LPS (Blastos, Acans, Chalices, Bubble Coral), Zoas I don't have and interesting mushrooms. Decided I am going to try to find a Rhomboid Fairy so if anyone sees one at one of the LFS let me know. Enjoy

Tango

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I have some rock with yuma shroom for sale have Zoas, have purple frogspawn and bicolor frogspawn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tango

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yumas are orange and purple, Zoas I have are utter chaos,MBC yodas,MBC juicy fruits,blondies, gorilla nipples.

Irishman

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Nice looking tank! What size is it

scchase

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
B.O.D. Member-at-Large
Saltwater or total? Salt somewere around 1400g plus 2 40 g qs total add another 255 g