Yesterday was a good day, except for......

Wicked Color

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ERF was an awesome event, that drew in a very large, and diverse crowd.
Among the diversity we had our very own little sneak thief, the SOB made off with a large amount of Kris's reefeul.
Talk about low, Kris works very hard on this stuff, has something to be proud of, and this happens.
To the thief~~
Really man? Your in this hobby and your a thief? Grow a pair, and get a life. JERK.:mad:

That sucks sorry kris hate theifs man. Had 7000 in tools stolen out of my trailor several years ago. I will by a bottle when I get back for my reef and those bangaii babies we just hatched!

SAZAMA

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
what the hell are you gonna do with a case of that stuff? he sold me enough for six months for 12 bucks. lets all pray for reef herpies to that A$$H0l3...

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
To make off with the amount they did, I am sure they knew what they where stealing. F-ing jerks..

chrislorentz

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Theif Theif who ever you are quit hiding and take your A&# whooping like a man and show your face !!!!!!!!!!!

chrislorentz

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
No really they are stupid they took the phyto what dumb ***'s stole a bunch of algae !!!!!!!!!!!!

spstimie

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Any bets it is the same person that made off with mdrumm's portal viewer at Reefstock. Someone is pushing their luck, because everyone will be watching at events from now on. I wasn't at ERF, but you can bet if I catch someone at an event, you better be ready for a 220# shoulder check. Kronwall style(sorry Avs fans for the Redwings reference).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fjeeavlf4n4

djkms

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Thanks for the support guys. I should have known better with so many people there not to leave my stuff unattended. I walked away to have a beer with Chris and 5 minutes later I came back to my cooler door open and 12 bottles missing. I did put away all the bottles in the cooler and box before walking out and put them under the table but that wasn't enough.

Aaron is right. I do work hard on this stuff. It sounds simple but I have 4 different cultures of bugs to watch, rotifers and 3 different types of phytoplankton which all require daily attention, different parameters, manual topping off, crash recoveries, etc. I also do weekly water changes on 12 different holding containers for the zooplankton and weekly splits on 8 phytoplankton containers and I have to use new containers on every split. I would say I spend at least 20 hours a week working on my cultures.

I got into this because I wanted to feed my tank plankton. It is important on so many levels to help with the diversity in any reef system and figured I would try to make a little bit of money doing it so it didn't seem as tedious. Fact is I am not making any worth while money at it and then I get bottles stolen from me yesterday. At this point I think I am just going to simplify my whole routine and just culture for myself and maybe anyone who wants a bottle that comes by my house for whatever reason. The work I put into it is just not worth the financial outcome. I had a lot of people show interest in the bottles but only sold 8 throughout the whole event. So I had more stolen then purchased which has really ruined my appetite to do this anymore.

I know a few of you where looking forward to the frozen food and guess what, that is still going to be in the making!!! I really want to provide not only myself but you guys a better, cheaper solution to Rods. My goal was to take the money I made at ERF to purchase the remaining items I needed for the food. Due to the limited sales I made this will be set back for a while. I hope to have something in a month though. We shall see how things pan out.

I will still culture zooplankton and anyone who want a bottle shoot me a PM and you can buy from me directly. Elite Reef also has 5 bottles sitting on their shelves. For me though, back to basics and just enjoying the hobby.

Thanks again guys and great event yesterday minus the a hole who likes to steal plankton LOL. btw the thief was a real idiot. I did not notice any zooplankton bottles missing which is much more valuable then phytoplankton.

Kris

Zooid

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Sorry to hear about this Kris.
The sad part is, the moron who stole it will probably let it all die before it's used since
he probably doesn't know what the hell it even is.
I know how much time it takes to do this stuff and I do feel bad for you.

chrislorentz

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I wouldnt give up on it yet Kris I am sure it will kick off for you.

spstimie

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Does anyone own a security company? It appears we need video cameras for large meetings. Sorry Kris. Hopefully you can get that big reactor I gave you up and running to make things easier. PM me about the frozen food. I may know some places to get good prices on materials.