robert.talarico

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
My tank parameters are as follows:

phosphates: 0mg/l
ph: 8.2
calcium: 415ppm
alk: 4.5meq/l

I'm not dosing anything for alkalinity. My salt mixes that high. I keep having to dose for ph. I'm using aquavitro balance to ensure it doesn't raise the alk any higher. I feel like I need to raise the calcium a touch and figure out a way to lower the alkalinity. 4.5meq/l is equal to 12.6 dKH. It's pretty high but everything in the tank looks great with great growth. Any suggestions or opinions?

robert.talarico

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Re-tested my tank parameters today.

Phosphates: 0.0mg/L
PH: 8.1
Alk: 4.0meq/L
Calcium: 395ppm
Magnesium: 1170ppm

I finally got a Mag test kit today. Should I keep it around 1300ppm? That could explain why my alkalinity has been stable but I've still been having to dose with Aquavitro Balance. I added enough Aquavitro Ions to raise the Magnesium by 10ppm. It recommends that I dont dose more than twice a week. Should I dose more until I get it up to a good level? Also Ive been trying to log my parameters to create a dosing schedule. How does everyone else do this? Step by Step!

Great read on that link, and helpful post and question. What kit do you guys use for Mag? Once I can test I am going to trial the mag supplement I use myself if I need to boost it.