Zetlights possible group buy

lsaint

Clown Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Ok gang I've been in contact with Zetlight in China. So far we have exchanged 48 emails so far. It's difficult to get good solid answers, but I think I've got some numbers if we can generate enough interest in a group buy. As you know a few of us have the ZT6500 but they also have the larger fixture ZT6600. The cheapest I've been able to find them here in the US is from SaltCritters, they are offering the 6500 for $450 and the 6600 for $800.

If you're looking at new lights check them out. They are not the boxy 120W lights you see all over the net, these are very sleek and sexy. There are 3-4 channels and you can adjust the color for each channel for the time: sunrise, daytime, sunset, and moonlights. Timer is built in and come with remote. They come with hangers or feet to place them on your tank. I have 3 of the ZT6500 over my 125 and I love them, Lenny has one over his 40 and I think he's digging his as well, and bluespace too.

So right here are the prices if we can generate enough interest (Lenny put out a feeler on the local boards too). The ZT6500 is $300 and the ZT6600 is $425. In addition, if you want one that is apex ready, that is an additional $40 per unit. That does not including shipping from China to me and from me to you but they won't give me shipping quotes until I give them quantities.

So right now at these numbers (plus mystery shipping) please let me know if you would be interested in one or more of these units. If we get enough interest I will start collecting money for them and we'll get the ball rolling. If we don't get enough interest then oh well.

JJ form My Reef to yours wanted me to post this. So let him or I know if you are wanting one or some info.

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
These lights suck!! We used them on the booth at MACNA and ended up switching back to the AIs. Very poor spectrum, the PAR was not good, corals would not open up fully under them. In my opinion, as someone who has seen these in action there are way better fixtures out there for the money. Just my opinion

Well... You can't just go switching lights and expect instant gratification. Gotta acclimate corals to lighting... Prolly just didn't have time to get right, there are members of scmas who have these lights and they like them just fine

lsaint

Clown Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I am one of them. I love this light. I have never ever seen my corals so happy then I do now after I put this light on. I see colors that I have never seen. I have a friend that brought over a frag and its doing amazing. I am sorry that you had problems With the light but I wouldn't discredit the light over a show everything has to be stressed from a long day. I know I was.

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
charleshardy5;328324 said:
Well... You can't just go switching lights and expect instant gratification. Gotta acclimate corals to lighting... Prolly just didn't have time to get right, there are members of scmas who have these lights and they like them just fine
hmm, I was merely giving my opinion based on experience. I saw a few other vendors at MACNA do the same thing. You don't have to like my opinion, not do I need you to