ZGrow I - A.L. Rainbows

clowninaround7474

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
ZGrow I - A.L. Rainbows

Just picked up the frag from Scott about an hour ago, dipped it with Coral RX pro for 5-10 min, and placed it into the tank. The polyp is already opening and looks awesome.

Update: 2/27/14

Tank Information:

60g cube
G2 Radion Pro

Parameters:
ammonia, nitrite, nitrate: 0ppm
Ph: 8.2
KH: 8.9dKH
CA: 490ppm
MG: 1290ppm
Temp: 78.4

Edited

opakapaka

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member

Tank volume: 100 gallons
Lighting: 4 x AI Sol blues (7 hrs a day)

Craigar

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ZGrow I - A.L. Rainbows

660 gallon display

3 ai sol bues
4 8 watt t5

3-10-14

Last edited by a moderator:

SkyShark

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
2/16/2014
View attachment 17749
20.5 in Maxspect Razor r420r 120w 16,000k.

Update 3/5/2014
Knocked the frag plug off the rock, so I popped the frag off the disk and glued it directly to the rock. Oddly I have seen a number of the little Asterina on the zoa. I haven't had this problem before with any other zoas. I've been picking them off and dropping them in the back chamber (this was how i dislodged the frag disk).
Plug with Asterina star on it.
View attachment 18112
Newly glued frag. Looks like a baby coming in finally.
View attachment 18113

Update 3/7/14
There is clearly a baby, but the mother looks very unhappy, possibly starting to melt. Something has clearly been chomping on it - not sure if it is the small starfish. Fingers crossed.
Zoa is in the center (cell phone pic)
View attachment 18167
Close up (cell phone pic)
View attachment 18168

Update 3/15/14:
Zoa is toast - full melt :confused2:

asn-naso

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Date of pic: 2/16/14

View attachment 17750

Here is a pic of mine. It is in my BC8, with some cree leds. I haven't checked the water in months, other then SG, which is 1.025. I also do not have a skimmer, and feed the single fish about 3 times a week with flake.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

rplank

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
36 gallon corner aquarium with mixed reef, 1 false perc (Coral), 1 scooter blenny (Lenny)
Odyssea 24" T5s($80)
1 Odyssea Actinic blue, 1 zoomed actinic 730 am-730pm
1 old 12k, 1 Odyssea Actinic blue 930 am-330pm

Photo 2-16-14
View attachment 17753

JuanGutz

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
34g Red Sea max all in one. Has te stock skimmer with rapidled.com led upgrade for lights. Params are never ever tracked in my tank I just do 5g water changes ever week or every two when work gets me. Right now it is glued at the in the bottom half of my tank. Ya think that's all I need! iPhone 4 hates the blues but this is my best! *update* noticed my nem was able to sting the frag so in my attempt to move it I smashed the polyp while breaking it off..... Then it fell into some nice macro rock, I tried fanning it out with no success. So I tore my entire rock work down and got it out. Royally upsetting my entire tank and needles to say I have reattached the zoa now to a rock that has a Sunday d and car polyp on it. It hasn't opened but hopefully it is okay...

Update 3/2/14
Have a baby bump but hard to get a pic will very soon!

Mav

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
ZGrow I - A.L. Rainbows

29 gal biocube. Rapid LED KIT in hood at about 50 % brightness blues 9 am- 8pm whites 10a - 6 pm

2/16/14

2/17/14

Ghxst tank specs and pics

I am running a 34g red sea max, stock everything except for led hood mod. The stock lights are 2 55w t5 pc 50% 10k, 50% atinic in addition to an vertex 1ft led bar blue royal blue illumilux. Leds are on a 10 hour cycle and the t5s 6 hours. SG 1.025, temp 78, cal 440, ph 8.4, mag 1440, and dkh *EDIT* 9 I use reef crystals and do a 5g (14%) water change every week. *EDIT* Flow is 1 of the stock RSM returns, An MP40 on low on random and a Korella 240 pushing water in the back. Its is a mixed reef tank with just about a bit of everything. First pic is to show the Zoa is front and center in the tank this morning, second was the zoa an hour after dipping and opening nicely last night. Last pic is a sweet chalice I got from Josh at Gonzos at the same time, is looks like a galaxy close up with 1000's of little stars in it and amazing golden ring. Thanks Scott for pulling this together and delivering and Josh for providing amazing corals.

Update 2/20/2014: I had to move it from front and center to mid lower right because a hermit kept moving it and ended up pushing it out. Its locked in tight now.

[attachment=66163:name]

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
OK folks since we have a few non-members in this grow out comp we have created a setting in this thread only that will allow posts to be edited. This editing feature will only be given to those who are participants in this grow out comp and they will only have that capability in this thread only, if they are not yet members (although we hope they all will be soon).

Why are we doing this?

We wanted to give everyone the ability to update their original posts in this thread so that they can add new photos to it vs making a new posts that is 22 pages deeper than the last update pic you posted. So.....if you have already added a picture, please add the date of the pic above or below it and then plan to add your next pic with date in the same post. If you are trying to edit your post but don't yet have permissions, pm me and well get it fixed.

Again the edit post function/permission is only being given to participants in this grow out and in this thread only. This means the edit function will not work in any other posts and or threads outside this one.

* For those of you whom are wondering how to become a member and have permanent edit capability outside this thread along with several other perks, please review this thread.

http://www.marinecolorado.org/forums/showthread.php?15032-MASC-Membership-how-to-become-a-member

clowninaround7474

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
My frag broke free from the plug. I mounted it to the rock about 4" from the bottom of the tank. My original post is updated with the new photo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk