ZGrow I - A.L. Rainbows

Highway66

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
In light of the comments, im moving mine to higher flow tonight. I would post a pic but wouldn't look much different than the initial pic, lol.

opakapaka

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Head count with the polyps still sleeping, 4 new heads and 2 bumps ( second bump is behind the mother polyp).

Here they are opened.

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
opakapaka;299869 said:
Head count with the polyps still sleeping, 4 new heads and 2 bumps ( second bump is behind the mother polyp)

Nice Lan that frag looks perfect!!!! Ready to spread and grow like crazy!!! I would be curious what has caused your mat to spread out vs staying in close like mine. Guessing the amount of rock attached to the single polyp. Did yours have a very tiny amount of rock or did you take it of the rock?

Glad to see you are having such great success with what appears to be a very limited amount of frag rock.

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member

At least 3 baby bumps present this morning. The biggest is starting to form a small mouth but no skirt at present.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

opakapaka

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
CRW Reef;299968 said:
Nice Lan that frag looks perfect!!!! Ready to spread and grow like crazy!!! I would be curious what has caused your mat to spread out vs staying in close like mine. Guessing the amount of rock attached to the single polyp. Did yours have a very tiny amount of rock or did you take it of the rock?

Glad to see you are having such great success with what appears to be a very limited amount of frag rock.
Mines have actually been growing at the bottom of the original polyp, it just looks like that because of the angle the picture was taken. I believe I started with an inner polyp just attached to the frag plug with no rocks attached. It is still on the original frag plug. I don't believe in the whole deal about polyps growing faster because they are located near outer portion of the colony, or what it the other way around.

Munch

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
My update - mad after moving them, but they all do open - 6 new ones plus the mama!

Last edited by a moderator:

Munch

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Crazy to see we're 1 month and 3 days in, and the growth already has been amazing! Ghxst mighta been onto something with his guess of 15 heads :)

Just 2 new full heads total and several bumps so far. Water conditions haven't varied and it is mid lighting and mid flow. Contemplating moving this in the name of science to see if that spurts more growth as reported or leaving it be, the current growth rate is perfect so far for the long run.

Yeah Scott, I was being ridiculous when I guessed that, but we are seeing some ridiculous growth so all the better!

The VDMs and C&C I got from Josh the same day both have 2 new heads as well.

View attachment 18420

so finally saw it without being open, I guess I have more growth than I thought. View attachment 18458
I am at 3 official heads, 4 baby heads so in a week 7 total, will update.

xxHLTxx

Detritus
M.A.S.C Club Member
So I've been rather annoyed my one big fat head hasn't done anything. But today I moved the racks around and the big head shrunk. Low and behold... I have 5 new heads and 2 bumps. The bumps I'm saying are there... But nowhere near close to a head. All other heads have skirts and faces. Here's a crappy cell pick. I'll break out the camera when it's charged.
View attachment 18539

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
So looks like I may have hit a stagnate holding pattern of 7 new fully open polyps + the original. Didnt really see any babies or bumps hiding out so....guess well see what happens.

Munch

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
We're about 1/2 way thru the grow! Be sure to post pictures of your head growth, I'd hate to DQ the winner for not enough photos of new growth!

I'm also still holding at 6 new heads, and the original.

View attachment 18542

opakapaka

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Mines look like they have stop making anymore babies. No visual signs of any baby bumps, just 5 full heads.