Zoa fraggin'

Is it impossible to frag zoas too small? I found a polyp which was sort of cut on my red zoas, so I cut it the rest of the way off and glued it to a plug. It looked great on day one. Day two it was sort of leaning but still open, and day 3 it popped off the plug and disappeared. I was thinking of seriously fragging a giant barnacle I have covered in gorilla nipples and now I'm afraid the same will happen there. Do you think it was because it was just one polyp and there was no mat with it? I'm afraid I will kill my whole colony if I go at them with my scalpel. Also, did I skip a step? Does anyone use betadine or iodine?

chrislorentz

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
It is hard to get some things to stick due to slime. Sounds like it was not attached well and slimed off

I was also reading, in all my frantic googling, that you can suffocate them with too much glue, which may be a possibility since I was trying to get that puppy to stay put the second time I stuck him on the plug

Ahaha, yes, and I definitely skipped that step. I remember taking a step back when I glued him like it was going to jump at me with little zoa fangs. But I should have worn glasses, yes.

chrislorentz

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
If he was open then it was not glued closed (suffocating)