Zoa ID page

ReeferMatt

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Noticed how many individual threads there are for Zoa ID, so I thought I would start one where anybody could post.

Can anyone ID these?
View attachment 8752

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
CRW Reef;186956 said:
+1 Pink & Golds or could be cherry charms too I guess maybe
Yea cherry charms was my first guess too since mine look like that when they're babies. I guessed pink and golds instead since that polyp was looking kinda tall and mature.

Definitely a toss up between the 2 though.

ReeferMatt

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I don't think cherry charms, the pics I have seen have yellows in them. This one if full grown and gold speckled, either way I dig em'!!

RuRoo

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Pink n Golds. The amount of gold or yellow depends on placement of the coral and lighting from my experience.

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Pink n golds for sure.

Drew

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ReeferMatt

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Ok, so from what I have read about pink and golds they get better color with more light. I liked the way they looked low but wanted to test this theory, so I broke the frag plug into 2 parts leaving one low and moving one high. I'll post pics when I start seeing a color shift.

ReeferMatt

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
WOW, thanks guys!!! the polyps are not even half way open ant the skirts are BRIGHT pink. I moved the other frag up too, thanks for the ID it made a world of difference!!!

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
Might be a bit late, but my guess is Fairy Dust palythoas, based on what I bought as Fairy Dust palys, however reading this thread is making me think I have pink and golds. Although looking at a photo of fairy dust palys they look very, very similiar. God this zoa identifying can drive a man crazy!

FWIW the Cherry Charms are pretty notorious for losing their color and turning into polyps that look similar to these, but less impressive. I have seen it first hand. That's why you rarely see them for sale second hand.

ReeferMatt

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
So I wanted to show you guys how nice the pink and golds colored up under much higher lighting!!

[attachment=62482:name]

Cherub

Hey you
M.A.S.C Club Member
ID this please. Been calling them Phoenix Rising but yeah I'd rather know what they are. They're brighter in person. I didn't adjust saturation or anything. Like fire!

I have a bunch of these also. Have No idea as to what they are called though. I posted a pic of them looking for an Id also but No luck. You pic is way better than mine was so hopefully you will have better luck!

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Not sure but I'd like some. LOL

ReeferMatt

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Cherub;195354 said:
ID this please. Been calling them Phoenix Rising but yeah I'd rather know what they are. They're brighter in person. I didn't adjust saturation or anything. Like fire!

Maybe if I had a frag in my tank I get a better look at them for ID :) Not sure what they are but they look great!!

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Cherub;195354 said:

Should name them showoffs.

Showoff. :)

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
Ha, thats good. You knw what someone needs to come up with? A zoa Id page where you can plug in the color of the center, the color fo the skirt and the color of the mouth and it will populate possibilities based on the info you plug in, that would make IDing so much easier!