Zoa placement under Radion at 100%

crustytheclown

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
So in run my radion at 100% and have the preset program running that was on ecosmart live. I cant remember the name of it off the top of my head but its the one thats supposed to show off the florescent corals in your tank. Its starts off w 2 hours of deep blues, than slowly steps up to 20k I believe for a couple hours than back down slowly to end with a couple hours of deep blues again. 12 hour cycle in all.
So some of my zoas are closing up and not looking good. These frags are in the bottom 3rd of the tank. I read that zoas w too much light generally melt away and stretch up for light when they aren't getting enough. Are my radions to intense? I've got other corals that are doing well including acans, hammers, softies and leathers. I have a clam that is kickin butt on the bottom. Should I be worried about my ever changing light intensity? I'm newet to radions but other leds I've had in the past where just on or off and I'm wondering if my corals aren't receiveing enough or to much light?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 4

crustytheclown

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yeah. I've had the light for a couple years. But I changed the light program a bit but I didn't think that would hurt anything.

Munch

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
So the zoas on the bottom have looked great the past couple of years, and recently look crappy? Anything else change? Did you adjust the program mode recently, or always been running the same?

crustytheclown

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I just changed the program a bit recently cause of the swap ecotech did from the ecosmart config utility to the ecosmart live.

Munch

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I also run the Radiant Color mode, 9am -10:30pm, at 100% without issue. But I've been running that from day one.

Munch

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Check your zoas on the bed for bad stuff, just in case. Maybe move one or two around and see if it responds.

crustytheclown

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Munch;266937 said:
I also run the Radiant Color mode, 9am -10:30pm, at 100% without issue. But I've been running that from day one.
When did u get your Radion

Munch

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Mostly zoas, acans and nems. My lights are 7.5" off the water line, and my highest coral is 8" below the water line. I have two lights, tank is 21" tall, 4' wide and 18" deep.

xxHLTxx

Detritus
M.A.S.C Club Member
The a360w Kessil made all my leathers, acans, acros and nems look wonderful except the zoas, they were on the bottom and closed up for days... I moved them to indirect light underneath where my nem stretches during the middle of the day, under where the leather fully opens mid day, higher up but under an acro colony... basically where they would get almost a shimmer of direct light but never full exposure. Since then everything has colored up like crazy, stays open from almost 5 minutes after lights turn on and stay open (some) for a good 45 minutes after the lights are off. Not sure if you have the possibility to do such, but i would suggest that first so that way you dont have to reacclimate the rest of the tank to new parameters again.