Zoa placement

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
When u place Zoas on the rock, do they tend to grow up towards the light only or will they grow down as well? Putting some on the side if a ledge and wanting to know if I need to place them low or mid on the rock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shaunv

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
they have a mind of their own lol. I have found that they will grown in all directions but they will grow faster in the direction that has the best environment. for example, if the flow and lights are better for it up high, they will grow faster up high. they will still grow down, just not as well. This is all from my limited experience, I am sure others can chime in.

Cherub

Hey you
M.A.S.C Club Member
my zoas tend to grow under the plug more than anything. i end up fragging zoas just to save them from darkness. 80% of the time

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
IME they grow in all directions, but the rate up the rock is a bit fastdr than the other directions. To put it in perspective, i have one colony of a 45 degree slant that has moved 2 inches above the frag plug, 1" to the left and right and 3/4" down.

Optimists say the glass is half full. Pessimists say the glass is half empty. Engineers say the glass is twice the size that it needs to be.