Zoa Polyp Not Attached! Need Help!

MartinsReef

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I have a High end zoa that has came dis-attached from its plug about a week ago. I have it in a pea cup and changing its water two and tree time a day. My question is, how do I glue it to the plug. Every time I attempt to, it closes up and can not tell which is the head from the foot! just a blob of a ball. Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks
Martin

Munch

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Just watch when its semi open in the cup, glue it down once you see which end is which.

MartinsReef

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Munch;341149 said:
Just watch when its semi open in the cup, glue it down once you see which end is which.
I must be a complete idiot that even when I try that, it closes and I get confused! UGH!

Munch

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Usually my heads close up, and you can see a lil circle still with a lil pinhole since they can't close up 100%.

When in doubt, the more rounded end is the head too :)

Munch

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Can't see any lil hole at all, like these?

Float the cup under some light, it should open up for ya, even a tad...

[attachment=68545:name]

FishTV

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Not sure if you have the room, but I keep a small basket with rubble and gravel in my frag tank that I just drop loose heads into, they attach on their own with a little time. Ive had more luck with this method, I never get a slimy zoa to actually stick with glue on its own.

FinsUp

According to my watch, the time is now.
M.A.S.C Club Member
This is me not commenting about knowing that the rounded end with the pinhole is the head.

+1 on FishTV's solution. put some rubble in the pee cup, and it'll prolly attach on its own.

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
FishTV;341196 said:
Not sure if you have the room, but I keep a small basket with rubble and gravel in my frag tank that I just drop loose heads into, they attach on their own with a little time. Ive had more luck with this method, I never get a slimy zoa to actually stick with glue on its own.
+1 to the rubble trick. I used to toss them in a container with a mesh lid (held on by a rubberband) to make sure they don't blow out of the container. If you look for "bridal veil" at a craft store, that stuff seems to work best for the mesh top. I've done this to get zoas, mushrooms, and rock nems to attach to rubble so I can place them where I want later :)