$135 in Prizes!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a heads up, we will be donating $135 worth of product for this months DBTC raffle. We are also accepting orders for OceanMagik and Copepods to be picked up at this months DBTC meeting. You can pm, post below, or shoot me a text (720)-310-0130

OceanMagik(16oz) $14.99
Poseidon's Feast: Hi-Density Tigriopus copepods (16oz) - $29.99 (pictures to be posted soon)

We would like to thank everyone for their support and we have a surprise for the community this coming month ;-)

Munch

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Can you explain the difference between the two?

OceanMagik and Poseidon's Feast: Hi-Density Tigriopus copepods

Munch

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
So should they go in at the same time? Or the phyto before the pods?

Trying to reintroduce pods to my new system...

Munch;268211 said:
So should they go in at the same time? Or the phyto before the pods?

Trying to reintroduce pods to my new system...
Hi Scott,

So if you are trying to re-establish copepods into your system, you will want to first seed with a culture of copepods such as Poseidon's Feast: Tigriopus.

Now to maintain a pod population in your system, this is a different question. It's a fact that copepods tend to like dirty, unsightly tanks that have nuisance algae running a muck. This is because their is adequate food for them to graze upon. The alternative to having loads of nuisance algae is to dose with phytoplankton(microalgae). Live phytoplankton will not add to the tank bioload, and provides a complete food source for copepods to feast upon. Additionally, corals are quite the fan of phytoplankton and zooplankton. The blend of live phytoplankton found in OceanMagik is formulated to increase copepod population, feed corals, and improve water quality. Dead phytoplankton are preserved and do not have the same nutritional value or other benefits of live Phytoplankton such as performing photosynthesis to turn CO2 into O2 or consuming ammonia(uneaten food!) and nitrates.

If you PM me with some details about your setup, I can offer a more customized answer.

-Sean

sethsolomon

Hammerhead Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Phyto is good stuff. I am not sure why more people are not running it in their tanks.

as Sean said its food for lots of stuff. corals, clams, feather dusters, pods, rotifers, moina, scallops, and stuff like sea whips. And I am sure their are more.

Status
Not open for further replies.