Need to borrow a skimmer

Andrew_bram

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Just curious if anyone has a back up skimmer laying around that I can borrow. I treated my tank for blue clove polyps and need a skimmer to help remove the meds. From what I have read it wont contaminate the skimmer. This is just something temporary. I know that its asking a ton but figured it's worth asking.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

Benjamin

Cleaner Shrimp
Just curious if anyone has a back up skimmer laying around that I can borrow. I treated my tank for blue clove polyps and need a skimmer to help remove the meds. From what I have read it wont contaminate the skimmer. This is just something temporary. I know that its asking a ton but figured it's worth asking.

Do you mind if I ask how you treated them and did you loose anything in the process? Also were you successful?

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

Andrew_bram

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Do you mind if I ask how you treated them and did you loose anything in the process? Also were you successful?

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk
Fenbendazole is what I used I have not lost anything yet. Next step is running skimmer and carbon followed by water changes. Check out my build thread I am posting the progression there.

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
I have a bubble magus curve 7 at school and could use a cleaning but it’s just sitting there.

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
What if you just isolate the 390 once you are done with the treatment. The water change would much easier from the basement sump then you can just use your big skimmer and run carbon easily when you are ready. Plus the sump would dilute the meds by half?

Sent from my iPhone using MASC mobile app

Andrew_bram

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
What if you just isolate the 390 once you are done with the treatment. The water change would much easier from the basement sump then you can just use your big skimmer and run carbon easily when you are ready. Plus the sump would dilute the meds by half?

Sent from my iPhone using MASC mobile app
I haven't really thought of that. Maybe just maybe that's what I am going to do. Thanks for thinking outside the box.