3580 S Wadsworth Blvd, Lakewood, CO 80235

In Attendance
Chad
Khalis
Andrew
Mike S.
Cindy
Derek

Accounting - Chad has info from Adam and it will be posted separately. Briefly discussed available funds for Reef Ed
Science fair - $500 allotted to it.

Reef Ed
Sat april 12th
Chad will be there all day
Derek will be there all day
Need confirmation on who else will be in attendance

Discussion of For sale threads when poster might be a business.
Need to not be so hasty when making decisions about closing for sell threads.Whats is a business? Need new definition.
Have a business license
Shipping out of state
Frag tankPossible to come up with a list of items and if someone meets a certain number of items on the list they will be considered a business.

Summer BBQ - Further discussion on if we do a DBTC meeting at this event as well.

Future planned meetings.
April - reef ed
May - dbtc
June - great white
July - aquamart
Aug - No planned MASC meeting (due to MACNA which will not count as a MASC meeting)
Sept - bbq - book park now
Oct - aquatic art
Nov - frag swap - need to book in May/June
Dec - dinner/tbd

VBulletin5 upgrade
Need to createa full dev environment to do the upgrade than we would leave it to test with. There have been significant difficulties in trying to create a test environment in the past.
Derek believes he has a way to set up the test environment, but this would involve duplicating the existing forums prior to upgrading. Previously Derek was trying to upgrade and make a test environment at the same time which does not appear to work.

Discussion on promoting articles to improve the quality of information on the forum for everyone.
Create a new group of Article contributers
New title
New forum
Contributers could post new threads. Bod would move it articles to the new forumOnly the original poster will be able to edit the article, but everyone would be able to post and comment to discuss the article
Need to create classifications. Scientifically proven, personal exp, etc. for the different types of articles.

Masc member card discounts - We need to post which sponsor's give discounts to MASC members.
This will be posted in the Sponsor list and under the Sponsor's forum description.

Check what was decided on sponsor donations. Is there a limit on the amount of gift cards they can donate or hard goods?
Check what was decided on sponsorship levels. Do some levels that are not used very frequently need to be removed to make sponsorship simpler to understand?
*** unable to find information except for May 2013 and Oct 2013 BOD meeting minutes where it states the BOD needs future discussion on sponsorship levels.

Discussion of requiring a post limit before a user can create a thread in the For Sale forum. Many options were discussed. The board decided that a user must have been registered on the forum for 14 days and have at least 25 posts before they will be able to make a for sale thread.

Check character limit settings for post requirements. Thought to be 3 characters at the time. May discuss increasing it to prevent posts that simply say "Cool" or "Pics Brah".
*** Currently set to no requirement, however there is a VBulletin requirement that users must always enter at least 1 character.

Discussion of changing the icon for Members to read "Supporter" instead of "Member". This would have no effect on the requirements to become a member or change anything at all except the graphic. At this time the BOD decided to leave the graphic as is.Discussion on more ways to become a member.
750 posts in a calendar year.
Club comunity service. Donate time to run booth at meetings, etc.

Check forums settings and availability auto promote based on time and posts count. Confirmed we can auto promote to the membership level based on total number of posts, but unsure if we can include a time range as well. This presents significant difficulties in auditing of members.
***Current ways to auto promote are based on Total post count, # of days registered, and Reputation level or any combination of the 3.

Decided all forum users that have 750 posts already will be promoted to member rank till Jan 1, 2015.

Discussion of Banned users

Mike has resigned as a current member of the BOD effective immediately.
Cindy has resigned as a current member of the BOD effective immediately.

Craigar

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
3/22/14 BOD Meeting Minutes

Can the bod illaborate on this if someone has a problem with someone let it be heard

Discussion of For sale threads when poster might be a business.

Need to not be so hasty when making decisions about closing for sell threads.Whats is a business? Need new definition.

Have a business license

Shipping out of state

Frag tankPossible to come up with a list of items and if someone meets a certain number of items on the list they will be considered a business.

Last edited by a moderator:

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
As always and will continue to be the case, the BOD will look at things case by case as far as who or what qualifies as needing to be a sponsor. What this was in reference to was a discussion as what are some potentially more solid defining lines between having to become a sponsor or not. If there is any changes to the current policy, the BOD will make an announcement. Furthermore the BOD will contact said individuals in question should there be a cause for discussion.

With that said there is no one in question at this time.

Craigar

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Just my two cents but just because someone has a frag tank doesn't mean their a business or ever plan on being one I know many people who that's all they have is a frag tank. Cause that's what they like.

Anyone who has ever been to my house to buy frags knows I have a huge frag tank and people walk away with way more than they ever came for.

If my name is on that list I will gladly donate and then you can consider this my resignation to the forum.

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
CRW Reef;301518 said:
With that said there is no one in question at this time.
Craig no need to stress your name is not on the list nor is anyone else. The discussion was simply a house keeping item that has been on the list for discussions.

Again no one is on the list currently and if there ever was a list the person would be contacted (immediately upon the start of discussions) for their personal input and story to add to the discussions.

Craigar;301524 said:
Just my two cents but just because someone has a frag tank doesn't mean their a business or ever plan on being one
I agree having, owning or running a frag tank does not always mean you are business or ever plan to be. We are def on the same page there, since I'm sure 15-25% of our community has them in some fashion or another.

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Craigar;301524 said:
Just my two cents but just because someone has a frag tank doesn't mean their a business or ever plan on being one I know many people who that's all they have is a frag tank. Cause that's what they like.

Anyone who has ever been to my house to buy frags knows I have a huge frag tank and people walk away with way more than they ever came for.

If my name is on that list I will gladly donate and then you can consider this my resignation to the forum.
No need to jump the gun on this...

We all agree that having a tank doesn't qualify you as a vendor. Our discussion encompassed the possibility of making a list of, for example, of several qualifying factors that would identify a member as a sponsor. If that individual met a predetermined number of items on that list, then we would need to have a conversation regarding sponsorship before being able to sell on the forums.

Example:

Frag tank?
Shipping out of state?
Ongoing sales on craigslist?
business license?
website?
business facebook page?

If the answer to several of those questions is "Yes", then perhaps we need to discuss the possibility of someone becoming a sponsor. We have not made an official list (those were just quick examples), nor have we talked about how many items would have to be answered affirmatively in order to consider that person a sponsor. We are looking to set a definition, not punish and/or restrict our members from propagating and selling via the forums.

None of this was set in stone, as Chad indicated...it was a discussion to set some defining lines so that we do not have to address this issue on a regular basis. If a decision is made on this in the future and we change our policy, everyone will be informed.

All that being said: The purpose of sharing the minutes is to show what we are currently working on and discussing..we want to keep the community informed. Any changes will be posted on the forums with a proper announcement. If anybody has any concerns regarding this matter or anything presented in the minutes, please contact a member of the BOD.