Apex programming

Munch

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I have the Apex program running on my Android device.

I have one profile for my device using static ip while on my wireless LAN.

I have a second profile that uses port forwarding which I can access anywhere on the Net.

Is there a better way to combine it, so I have one profile setup on my phone that works whether I'm at home on my LAN or remote?

Munch

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Sweet, thanks. Since we're on the topic for programming, I have email alerts setup, which get delivered to my Hotmail/gmail. Is there anyway to change priority notifications so it'll do more than a chime or single bing? I kinda want an alarm on my phone, that will alert me if I'm away from my phone for a minute, come back, and have missed the initial alert I currently get. Or if it's in the middle of the night, I want my phone to go off like there's no tomorrow :)

There doesn't seem to be much as far as changing how it notifies you on Android.

mikea213

Cleaner Shrimp
You could set up a account that only the apex email come to and then setup the notification sound to its only loud as can be sound. I have one set off my domain name I have that does exactly that. Just find a tone that plays 6 mins :)

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Oh oh oh I know the perfect emergency notification song........

[video=youtube;wEKkJHSO8A0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEKkJHSO8A0[/video]

Munch

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I still can't get custom ring tones assigned to priority senders, it'll only select from canned sounds :(

Munch

Munch

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Note 3.

Under settings, sounds, i have a custom ringtone.

However, when assigning sounds to my priority sender in email, it only sees the standard ringtones, not the custom i added.

Munch

Last edited by a moderator:

mikea213

Cleaner Shrimp
Download a app called zedge and find a notification you like and download it it's all free. Then go to your email settings and it should pop up zedge and select it and then the sound you want.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk