Brooklynella

WatercolorsGuy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Anyone have experience with their fish getting this? Treatment that works? Wife has had three fish die the last two days from it in her reef tank. Just got the last clown out, did a freshwater dip for four minutes and is in a QT now.
There are still fish in the reef tank.

High Plains Reefer

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
yep decimated my tank get on it fast only thing worse is velvet qt all fish use quick cure in qt fallow tank at least 8 weeks perfer 9

Badgervet

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member

WatercolorsGuy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Re: Brooklynella

Thanks guys. Getting ready to tear down the reef to get the other fish out. Definitely sad.

WatercolorsGuy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member

Anyone in aurora have any "quick cure" I can buy?

WatercolorsGuy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member

WatercolorsGuy;249665 said:
Anyone in aurora have any "quick cure" I can buy?
Nevermind...after searching far and wide we finally found some...at Walmart. Petco and petsmart and some LFS don't carry it anymore.

I bought several packages if anyone needs some in the future.

High Plains Reefer

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
fighting brook was tough not touching a tank for 9 weeks sucks nothing can come in or go out it was the hardest thing in this hobby I've ever done

daverf

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
This sucks, Mike. Hope another fish doesn't die...but if it does...you may want to take it to Patrick at Neptune's. He's helped a lot of people around here (including me), and I recall he's positively ID'd brook. He can take a slime coat scrape, look at it under a microscope, and tell you exactly what it is. He also has helped people treat it for good, if I remember correctly...

WatercolorsGuy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member

Thanks Dave. Yeah she is devastated...her three favorites were first to go. The female clown may not make it through the night...the other fish don't look too bad.
She has had a crappy week and this was the icing on the cake. I am sitting here with a reef tank in buckets, hoping to get it back together somewhat decently with a 4:00 AM wake getting closer.

Very thankful for those that have responded...but feeling pretty irritated by the lack of response to most my posts. Must not be kissing the right asses or be in with the right people. Yeah, this is taking a bigger toll than on just the fish. Kind of have come to a "**** it" point here.

High Plains Reefer

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
He ID'd mine but I didnt follow his time frame for the fallow tank because I wanted to be safe the 8 week time came up from more than one source on the interweb

daverf

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Mike this really Sucks brother. If it isn't too late, would it be easier to get the inverts in QT for a fallow run there, and treat the main tank with quick ick? One thing that is experimental but may work if you have a fish on the last leg, drop the salinity. It weakens protozoan parasites (ich for sure but I am pretty sure everything else too) and should slow the attack enough to help the fish bounce back. I am really sorry I didn't see this thread sooner this weekend, I may have something similar to quick ick. I will check on it and let you know. Do you have enough now to last a few days?

WatercolorsGuy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member

Yeah I am good Dave. Thanks.
I have lowered the SG and will lower it a little more over the next couple of days.

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio

Mike sorry the losses and this challenge in the reef. I wish I had some experience, or knowledge on how to treat and of these things. If there is anything you think I might have that can help in your journey with this, let me know. I have a couple tanks, heater, powerheads and a back pack filter if you need.

Bajamike

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
WatercolorsGuy;249737 said:
Thanks Dave. Yeah she is devastated...her three favorites were first to go. The female clown may not make it through the night...the other fish don't look too bad.
She has had a crappy week and this was the icing on the cake. I am sitting here with a reef tank in buckets, hoping to get it back together somewhat decently with a 4:00 AM wake getting closer.

Very thankful for those that have responded...but feeling pretty irritated by the lack of response to most my posts. Must not be kissing the right asses or be in with the right people. Yeah, this is taking a bigger toll than on just the fish. Kind of have come to a "**** it" point here.
I understand how you feel, I think the lack of response is due to 2 things, lack of knowledge ( I don't have experience) and lack of club participation (summer time blues). Hope things turn around for you.

jda123

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I am starting a new round of copper in my QT. If you think that they fish are healthy enough, you can bring them up to ride the blue wave with my firefish and chromis. A full QT cycle in copper works pretty well if it is done right. Formulin is pretty good for a dip, but that won't rid you of the issue. You are pretty much where you are with the display, and I am sure that you figured out.

I have a ton of thoughts being from out of town and most the LFS around here and how they keep their fish. I will keep these to myself, but I will say that most can do better about disease prevention in their own systems. Perhaps I was just spoiled before and this is more normal.

If you want more responses next time, work the title as "Cheap ZOA Frags," "New $50 LEDs" or "Sea Clone SP40 Pump - $60 Group Buy."

High Plains Reefer

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
I dont want to be a know it all but copper will not kill brook you need formalin hence the quick cure I'm not sure if hypo salinity will work