Advice on eliminating fine particles- I’m stumped

JoshHill83

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I’m stumped on how to removefine particles in my 400. I have 2 MP60s and 2 Apex WAVs on my tank. I’m using an ice cap sump with 3 filter socks, and even have a life gard aquatics mechanical mister running on my UV. I’m not seeing micro bubbles and I know this for sure after shutting off my return pump for an hour.

At this point I’m looking for Any suggestions on how to eliminate this crap from being an eye sore in my tank. Any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Cherub

Hey you
M.A.S.C Club Member
So are your pumps kicking up sand or do you have a goby? I run 4 filter socks and still have stuff floating around my tank. I kinda just got over it but I do have a sand sifting goby.

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
I’m assuming they bother you...? What about a finer mesh filter sock, maybe filter floss in the sump or in the socks? Just throwing out ideas here. Seachem makes a product called clarity I think. Maybe you have a bacterial bloom? How long has the tank been running?

Sent from my iPhone using MASC mobile app

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Adding a small layer of coarser sand on top of your current sand bed would help.

Sent from my SM-G965U using MASC mobile app

Unfortunately, untill a tank that size becomes it's own living reef, stuff will float around and fine particulates, as long as it's not just sand you're seeing, will eventually go away. Rubble and good Macro will also take care of some of that. Best of luck

Sent from my LG-LS997 using MASC mobile app