damsel in distress

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Came home to one of my yellow tail damsels showing signs of distress, possible bite marks or stings not sure which.

Can see the spots on its tail and back, labored breathing, fins are missing in spots as well.
It's in a 30L nuvo I setup 2 days ago, everything is from an established tank. Fish: 2 yellow tail damsels and 3 clowns
Possible corals: hydnophora, nems, and gsp.

It takes more computing power to do 1 search of Google than it did to send Apollo 11 to the moon.

Sctip

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
Could be the change in environment. 2 damsel and 3 clown is a lot of damsels to have. I've had my clown be relentless when I put a springer damsel in the tank. They went crazy.

And as the Dr has stated if the blue damsel was showing any signs of weakness they would monopolize on it. I hope all three clown make it together also.

Ask and you may find out, don't ask and you will never know.

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Sctip;653035 said:
Could be the change in environment. 2 damsel and 3 clown is a lot of damsels to have. I've had my clown be relentless when I put a springer damsel in the tank. They went crazy.

And as the Dr has stated if the blue damsel was showing any signs of weakness they would monopolize on it. I hope all three clown make it together also.

All three have been together for 2+ years. This was the first time with the yellowtails tossed in. I had the clowns, yellowtails, a bi color angelfish, a blue devil damsel, and a wrasse in a 55 together for almost 6 months.
I'll try and move them back and just leave the clowns.

It takes more computing power to do 1 search of Google than it did to send Apollo 11 to the moon.

Sctip

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
Yeah my clown I have now do not like and other damsels in their tank. Good luck I hope they are all ok.

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Update: seems to have cleared. No more erratic swimming. The yellowtails keep to their rock and the clowns to their nems. Will be doing some rearranging soon and will pull the yellowtails then.