DBTC Emerald Crabs!

djkms

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
So I had quite the bubble algae problem and I bought about 15 emerald crabs for my 125. They now have totally eradicated my bubble algae and I am in the process of thinning them out. Because they were so efficient at eating the algae there is not much food for so many of them and I don't want them turning to other food sources.

So I will be pulling them out when I can and giving them away! Every time I pull one out I will make a post here. Please do not frag it and give pieces away! I dont think they will be as efficient that way. When you are done with it just pass the whole crab along!

Because the crab is in a holding container you must be able to pick it up within 48 hours of my posting.

So one crab up for grabs right now. Please come get asap. Thanks!

newtoreef

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I will take one

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk

djkms

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Caught another crab tonight! So I have another one up for dbtc. First to post and able to come get him tomorrow its yours. I am available after 6pm.

djkms

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
sk8now2003;149338 said:
if you happen to catch another, i could give you an aqualight powercenter for them.
That's a pretty nice offer! Not sure when I would catch another one though but if I do I will message you. Thanks

If i was taking more than 1 i would be sure to dbtc it. it is hard to dbtc inverts and fish unless you have ample supply such as you or using them for 1 purpose which can be completed at some point in time such as you. you have acquired a group to complete a job and then no longer have need for the rest. where as keeping 1 or 2 would be used on a consistent basis of keeping your tank in shape. I think that it would be hard to DBTC 1 crab, imo. I would be willing to take him if no one else can take him, but as for dbtcing 1 crab, i dont think that will realistically happen. if you disagree i completely understand, but if you are still willing to pass him along as you have no need for him anymore, i will be more than happy to give him a home. either way, i completely understand.

djkms

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yeah I see what your saying. The hope is that someone will end up purchasing more crabs then just depending on 1 or 2 to clean a tank. Then when the tank is clean they pass on the one I gave them plus maybe a extra or 2 they have. I understand you dont want to dbtc 1 crab, I however, in the spirit of dbtc want to give the crab to someone who is pretty confident they will give it back out. Thanks for your interest though.

coloagro

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
I am in need of a temp Emerald for my tank...spotted my first couple bubbles and I want them gone b4 they spread. Once their gone which wont be long because I dont have much "food" in their I want to give him back due to my past experience. Can we work something out? I'll Pm you. Thanks!

newtoreef

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
coloagro;151724 said:
I am in need of a temp Emerald for my tank...spotted my first couple bubbles and I want them gone b4 they spread. Once their gone which wont be long because I dont have much "food" in their I want to give him back due to my past experience. Can we work something out? I'll Pm you. Thanks!
I got you bro I got 2 last time and they destroyed the algae so I can hook you up with one

newtoreef

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I caught one if anyone needs