Random Flow Generators

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
For better quality print, you should do it in PETG instead of PLA. PLA is not very durable, warps and changes shape easy, and doesnt hold up to environmental stresses very well. PETG is much more durable and won't warp or breakdown over time. Also PETG is generally considered food safe and just about as easy to print as PLA.

Cherub

Hey you
M.A.S.C Club Member
For better quality print, you should do it in PETG instead of PLA. PLA is not very durable, warps and changes shape easy, and doesnt hold up to environmental stresses very well. PETG is much more durable and won't warp or breakdown over time. Also PETG is generally considered food safe and just about as easy to print as PLA.
that is petg lol. petg isn't exactly easy to print. it's very finicky and needs adjustment almost every time I print something different.

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Ah, well ya, its not as easy as PLA but still one of the easier to print overall. You could try ABS too, but wouldn't recommend that in your house unless you have a vented enclosure that is either filtered or vents to the outside.

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
lol ya, they do

Dirty

Copepod
M.A.S.C Club Member
Have you guys ever tried PLA+? That is what I’ve switched over to do most of my printing with. It supposably has the strength of PETG and is just as easy to print with as PLA. I have two of the VCA random flow generators but I ended up taking them off because I could not get enough flow thru them to make them function properly.

Sent from my iPhone using MASC - Marine Aquarium Society of Colorado