Fish Compatibility question

In a 60 gallon I have a:

Flame Hawkfish
Coral Beauty Angel
Purple Firefish
Snowflake Clown
(used to have) Male Mandarin Goby

I would like a blenny to take the Goby's place.

First question: Does anyone see any compatibility issues with the fish I currently have? The 5 all got along great. Angel was introduced second to last. Mandarin last, then had to give away after about a month of pod desolation (thought it could handle)

Second question: Starry or Lawnmower?

quackenbush

Clown Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Just playing off OP here - is there an acceptable size tank for a Mandarin? I understood that they required hundred of pods per day...

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
quackenbush;364211 said:
Just playing off OP here - is there an acceptable size tank for a Mandarin? I understood that they required hundred of pods per day...
No less than 75g if the tank has been established over a year and the mandarin accepts frozen. If both those criteria are not met, minimum is 120g.

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Scobra;364210 said:
Second question: Starry or Lawnmower?
I have a lawnmower and won't setup another tank without one in it, "benny" as my wife calls him, eats all type of micro algae including hair algae. Really like the little guy and great addition to any tank in my opinion. Just make sure they have room to roost in the live rock.

FinsUp

According to my watch, the time is now.
M.A.S.C Club Member
Either a Starry or a lawnmower is a great choice. I had a starry in my tank, and LOVED him. He'd sit there changing his look more often than a teenage girl before her first day of school.

I look forward to the personality! Mostly, I worry about conflict with existing tank mates; mostly the hawk. Can't take roommate disputes. I've been in those dark places before. I would not with a crappy roommate on anyone... Especially not my fish!

Haddonisreef

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
FinsUp!;364263 said:
Either a Starry or a lawnmower is a great choice. I had a starry in my tank, and LOVED him. He'd sit there changing his look more often than a teenage girl before her first day of school.
Starry for sure and only u would come up that seniero Cindy! You funny

FinsUp

According to my watch, the time is now.
M.A.S.C Club Member
Haddonisreef;364268 said:
Starry for sure and only u would come up that seniero Cindy! You funny
LOL! Well... that's what the starries do! They're constantly changing their look- just like teenage girls but without all the drama. And HUGE personalities. I love that fish.

Walter White

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Lol yeah I love my starry too. He keeps my little 60 super clean of algae too.
Cinyt talked me into greeting mine and it has been one of the best additions to that tank. Mine did hide for a few weeks when I first got him then he was a biter for a while but now he eats right out of my hand.