Fish id

FinsUp

According to my watch, the time is now.
M.A.S.C Club Member
Not coral friendly, generally speaking. I saw them at stores in the area, and wanted one in the worst way, but research definitely saved me on them. It would've decimated my tank. If you don't have corals, check your favorite stores. If they don't have one, they can usually order one in for you.

cent36

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Saw this one in a coral tank at the aquarium. It was in the tank with the coral in my other thread but thanks for the heads up

FinsUp

According to my watch, the time is now.
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yeah, some don't get the memo that they're supposed to eat corals, so it's always a possibility that you get lucky... but I wasn't willing to take that risk. And the aquarium doesn't seem to pay any attention to which fish eat corals, I've noticed. Maybe they have enough corals in the tanks that it doesn't matter, so they just do it anyway.

SkyShark

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I think the aquarium has two factors working in their favor for housing a possible coral eater. First, they have a ton of coral in that tank so its impact overall is pretty minimal. Second, they have some pretty serious filtration which allows them to generously feed the tank, which reduces the likelihood the butterfly will pick at the coral polyps.

JodiI

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
B.O.D. Member-at-Large
Yea, generally not fair to compare what they're able to do at the aquarium with what we can do on a much smaller scale at home.

Gorgeous fish though!!!! If I had a FOWLR, that would definitely be at the top of my fish wish list

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk