Fish - Pics Only!

djkms

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Well there are coral photo threads. Well how about the fishies?!?! They need some love too.

After many many attempts I FINALLY got one of these guys into my reef! They have either died in QT or during shipping. Picked this guy up from a online vendor who already had it QT'd and eating pellets and flakes, lucky score for me!!! He makes Angelfish #4 in my system.

On to the pics, my holy grail as it may.

Got some good fish pics? Post em up!!!

djkms

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Not so far with the Regal Angel. I have been through a few flame angels though, they seem to be the worst at nipping.

How about some more Angels and Butterflies!!

303travism

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Great pics what is that yellow butterfly?

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Evan could be wrong, but that direct real sunlight could be part of the hair algae problem. Every tank I have ever had with natural sunlight on it had bad algae issues. Maybe running a UV sterilizer on it would help. We use them on big water features and ponds and seems to really help with algae associated with sunlight. Could be just me but just a thought.

BTW that IDOL is SUPER SICK!!!!

303travism

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
little_fish;158160 said:
So not as flashy at the others, but i love them none-the-less

Those pics are awesome! Looks like there talking to each other!

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Great pictures Hanna...!!! I want some pipe fish so bad, but I am trying to hold out for a yellow or orange banded pair.

ShelbyJK500

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
CRW Reef;158124 said:
Evan could be wrong, but that direct real sunlight could be part of the hair algae problem. Every tank I have ever had with natural sunlight on it had bad algae issues. Maybe running a UV sterilizer on it would help. We use them on big water features and ponds and seems to really help with algae associated with sunlight. Could be just me but just a thought.

BTW that IDOL is SUPER SICK!!!!
Thanks Chad...and yeah, the sunlight is definitely the cause of the GHA. However, ambient sunlight is the only light the tank is getting right now, so I don't mind a bit of GHA. I'll definitely figure out a solution to the direct sunlight once I get some sort of lighting over the tank! I think the MI loves the sunlight though. ;)

little_fish

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
The pipefish are in my reef, which I think is turned over around 46x per hour and they do just fine. I wouldnt try that with seahorses, but the pipes do very well.

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
little_fish, those pipes are awesome. What size tank do you have them in?

little_fish

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Get a pair, these guys do spend quite a bit time interacting with each other and from everything I had read before getting them, they just dont do well as a single.