6 month Trident Reagents?!?

scmountain

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
B.O.D. Member-at-Large
BRS finally got them in stock today per the email I received... AND SOLD OUT IN UNDER 5 MINUTES!!!!
I cant get this anywhere!
Does anyone have a hook-up, or extras, or tips on how to not buy my year 2mo at a time?

Cherub

Hey you
M.A.S.C Club Member
I just put mine on manual and test once a day at different times threw the week. Allows reagent to last much longer.
Oh they changed it to where you can set how often? If that's the case I can buy one now. I was pretty annoyed at reading the 3-4 times a day testing when they came out.

halmus

Registered Users
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
What’s everyone’s experience with the Tident?

I’m diligent with calibration and my numbers float all over the board within a month. Could be human error I guess. My Ca was reporting over 500. Swapped reagents, calibrated, note reporting 415. Manual tests support the low end.

I like the system for rough numbers but would never rely on it for dosing. In general, I still have to rely on manual tests.

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
What’s everyone’s experience with the Tident?

I’m diligent with calibration and my numbers float all over the board within a month. Could be human error I guess. My Ca was reporting over 500. Swapped reagents, calibrated, note reporting 415. Manual tests support the low end.

I like the system for rough numbers but would never rely on it for dosing. In general, I still have to rely on manual tests.
Mine is pretty solid, when the reagents get really low I get a wacky reading sometimes. I have mine on manual sometimes and run it on automatic others. They had a supply chain issue, as well as being closed down, during the first part of covid. I was rationing for a while than. Overall I think it was a good investment. Of course I sold Frags to pay for it so... otherwise my wife would have said no to such nonsense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scmountain

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
B.O.D. Member-at-Large
gahhh saw this too late, back to sold out. At least they have been popping up again

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Aquatic Art just got a bunch in stock

scmountain

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
B.O.D. Member-at-Large
salwateraquarium.com has them available rn too!
So glad they are catching up on production