Glass Drilling Demo

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Ok folks Petco is having their dollar gallon sale right now. Do we want to buy a tank and a glass holes kit? Plan would then be to drill it and then raffle off the tank in the next raffle that day.

Prices:
Glass Holes Kit - $90.91
40 Breeder - $40+tax

Total: approx $150

Any thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:

Andrew_bram

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Also when they have that sale they actually have aquariums not designed for our use they are more thin and made for reptile use. One is made by tetra the other is aqueon I believe Just food for thought.

Bajamike

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Andrew_bram;286477 said:
Also when they have that sale they actually have aquariums not designed for our use they are more thin and made for reptile use. One is made by tetra the other is aqueon I believe Just food for thought.
You read/believe way to much you read on the Internet

Also I believe the sump I drilled for you is a petco $1 a gallon tank

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

Bajamike

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Andrew_bram;286475 said:
How about having a sponsor drill it surely that would save on cost and benefit local and a sponsor.
Also I believe you are thinking this is the bit to drill the hole?...it is the "kit" comes wiyh bulkhead and overflow box too.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Andrew_bram

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
My bad you are correct about the kit sorry for that one. But in regards to the tanks I learned about it at petco. I saw the tanks and was debating getting another one and was told these are reptile ones the fish ones are over here. You could visibly see the difference in glass thickness. Didn't read it on the internet.

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I'm in, sounds good. They do usually have the fish tanks on sale too...they just tend to go faster and sometimes only have reptile tanks left.

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
BajaMike are we good to go on this, per the convo we had the other day? Can you chime in please what you ultimately are going to do, so we know this portion is covered? Let us know we need to buy - glass bits, bulk heads?

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Ya if you want to drill the 55 lets do it :D

Ok so here is what we discussed and Mike correct me if Im wrong.

Mike will be bringing a rimless 55 that he wants to drill and add a glass holes kit to (he will be buying the glass holes kit but will keeping the tank afterwords to do as he feels lol). If this is the case Mike can you think of anything that MASC can or should provide in order to compensate for anything outside whats already in the glass holes kit?

Bajamike

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
We need a tarp to protect the floor from water and glass. Should we buy a box of safety glasses for the people watching?

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Yep agreed we def need a tarp and yes prob a dozen glasses or so fro those folks up front.

the glasses im certain we can get from the dollar store but the tarp we may need to get from harbor freight (i think they are cheap there).

I can get the glasses, can someone buy or plan to bring a tarp (i dont have one for some reason lol) and the club will reimburse you with a receipt.

FinsUp

According to my watch, the time is now.
M.A.S.C Club Member
I tell ya what..
How about we bring a tarp that we have, if the club could help us out with a few bucks toward the cost of the glass holes kit?