Hair algae or cyoyro

cremer9

Butterfly Fish
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HzBy2vrjUE0NGh0yawB8mF9eQH3vDpm-/view
Cant get the photo to show Had this before I crashed last time. I need a attack plan been buying more cuc's some dont make it Scrub it off with a brush started changing my light now Im seeing bleaching cut down all my red white and greeen down to 6 hours and peaking at 30% do water changes changed out all rodi filters still comes back and gets on everything I clean it off of a solid plan of attack would be great,Or do I just say for sale going a different direction,3 fish,big leather ,red digi ,purple monti and some ric's

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster

That url wont work because its not the actual URL of the image, its the url f the container holding the image. For google drive images, you need to use the img src url instead. I got the source url of this image, by right clicking on the image to inspect and copy the img src

halmus

Registered Users
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
It’s pretty hard to tell from the image but it looks somewhat similar to some cyano I’ve been dealing with which my wife says is spirulina based on what she saw in the microscope.

I’ve only ever had to deal with the normal red slime cyano in the past.

For my tank, I added double the typical dose of chemiclear. I reduced photoperiod. That seemed to make a big dent in it. My tank is just getting started so I’m dealing with all kinds of nutrient problems from the dry rock I used even after months of soaking and cycling. Luckily, I only have a few fish and no coral yet so I can take aggressive action without worrying too much.

Maybe someone else here has some more expertise.

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
Looks like dinoflagalettes based on the stringy appearance and gas bubbles. Peroxide dosing and a blackout will usually help. UV sterilizer is sometimes needed to keep them gone.

Be careful with Vibrant, the product mentioned above. Ive seen issues with it affecting the xooanthenelle in LPS corals if used too much, mainly euphyllia.

cremer9

Butterfly Fish
day 3 of blackout i will do another water change and start my prime on acclimate for another week has anyone used dinoX i would like to find locally, how long can a clam hold out with no light?