Board of Directors Elections - 2021

halmus

Registered Users
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
As some of you may be aware it is time for Board elections.

Note: We're trying to get back on track with a missed election cycle, so one position will serve a 1/2 term before next election cycle. The Bylaws attempt to offset elections to maintain continuity of BOD for the benefit of MASC overall.

Please keep this thread to nominations, seconds, and acceptance of nominations only. We will validate all nominee's meet the criteria as stated in the bylaws. If you have any questions that are not answered in this post please PM or contact any member of the Board.

Positions not up for election:
President- Angel Trudeau SynDen
Treasurer-Adam Monchak AMonchak
Member At Large-Scott Chase Scchase
Member At Large - Empty

Positions for Election:
Vice-President - Mike Mural- MuralReef
Secretary - Jacob Hall - Halmus
Member At Large - Chris Brown - TheRealChrisBrown
Member At Large - Mike Lemke - DrDisilicate
Member At Large - Empty - Appointee will serve a 1/2 term before re-election

Please include name, username and position for which you are making the nomination. Please keep in mind that no officer can serve more than two consecutive terms in the same position (however we do not have anyone who has served 2 terms in their current position right now).

Bylaws
VI.3. To stand for election, a person must be a Member in good standing, over the age of 18, who has attended at least two Society meetings in the previous twelve calendar months.
VI.4. Nominations for officers shall take place the first two weeks of June in election years. The Webmaster and Membership Chair will assist in determining eligibility of the nominated persons to run for office. Elections shall take place on the Society website during the third week of June. The Webmaster is responsible for administering the election process. The newly elected officers shall assume office on July 1st of each year in with the new fiscal calendar.
VI.5. The terms of office for Board members shall not exceed two consecutive three-year terms in the same office for officer positions; Member at large positions will be two years in length with no term limits, this length is to allow for board continuity rather than having constantly switching members who must consistently relearn the duties and expectations of the position and also to allow for long term goals of the club.
VI.5.a The following positions will be up for elections starting in 2012 followed with new elections every 3 years: Vice-President, Secretary. In 2013 the following positions will be up for election in 2013 followed by new elections every 3 years: President, Treasurer. Two Member at large positions will be elected in 2013 for two year terms and the remaining two positions will be up for election in 2014 and will consist of the most recently filled member at large positions as of the approval of these bylaws.

New BOD takes effect July 1st.

Nominations:
Vice-President
Secretary
Member at Large
Member at Large
Member at Large (1/2 term)

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
I second Mural for Vp and Jacob for Sec.
I also nominate @scmountain for Member at large

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Oh also, once a nomination is seconded. the person must accept or decline the nomination before being considered a candidate.

JodiI

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
B.O.D. Member-at-Large
Yea, I was uninformed. Thanks. I accept

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
I nominate Mike Lemke - DrDisilicate - for MAL
Thanks y’all! I do have a lot of unknowns in my life right now. I’m going to need to decline at this point. I will, as always, help out with anything I can so feel free to call on me for whatever.

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Thanks y’all! I do have a lot of unknowns in my life right now. I’m going to need to decline at this point. I will, as always, help out with anything I can so feel free to call on me for whatever.

No worries. Thanks for all your efforts.

Looks like we need one more nominee then

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President

I get it but…boo!

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Bump.. still need one more nominee

SynDen

Administrator