Our daughters tank build.

Robbiekrause33

Clown Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
So we built this tank for our 1 year old daughter. We got the tank for free a 90 gallon amiracle acrylic tank. I ended up building a new stand for it to house a frag tank. We put an advanced acrylic 18x18x 8 on the end. Plumbed both tanks into a trigger 39 sump with a 5 gallon trigger ato reservoir. We are running a Eshopps a-120 (for now) have some live sand cheto in the fuge section. Running a S1 return pump for both tank and have a BRS duel reactor running GFO and Carbon. The 90 gallon has 2 2 hydra 32's and the frag tank is on a prime all running the same program. Running 1 Nero 3 in the 90 and using the pump flow in the frag tank. Then we built an electrical cabinet and are culturing pods and phyto on top.

If anyone has any input on make it even better it's greatly appreciated. We are happy to be back in the hobby and hope to be building a large lagoon style tank soon. We are located in Elizabeth and always willing to help if anyone ever needs it.
Happy reefing!

Thomas Doty

Amphipod
M.A.S.C Club Member
My only advice is to research the impacts of blue light and retinal. They sell amber acrylic panels you can use to filter it out if youre worried about the ocular health of your youngns

scmountain

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
B.O.D. Member-at-Large
looking great! Stand looks much better than the OG, and beefier in the frame too!

a few observations:
1: build you rock-scape up a little higher, mine looks similar to yours and I kick myself daily for not building it up more. (plus more room for more corals haha)

The following are purely opinions and are in no way intended to offend.
I love the sump cutout/window on the stand it really ties all 3 "tanks" together, however it also attracts the eye which led me to notice a few things.
2: painting a black 1" "frame" around the edge of the acrylic door will give it that window pizazz! A more "finished" look
3: square the acrylic door (sorry my OCD)
4: I would paint the hinges black, the chrome pop steals from the real target of peoples attention, the fish/corals!

What are you going to stock it with?