Phone is dead

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
So my phone just died. It was plugged in, just chillin on the table; I decided to text my sister....boom nothing. No buttons are functional. Question is, what do I do now? I have an iPhone 4s

Sent from my tablet using a rock and chisel

opakapaka

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Can you have someone call you to see if its just the LCD and not the circuit board? Try plugging it into iTunes to see if you can restore it.

FinsUp

According to my watch, the time is now.
M.A.S.C Club Member
schedule an appt with an Apple store, and they'll get it figured out for free. Depending on what it is, they might even fix it free. I've taken my Mac in a couple times, and they were awesome.

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Bring it to Starbuck's.

That's like church for Apple products. Hopefully it's not too late to save its soul.

:p Seriously though...sometimes using the phone while plugged in can cause a short. Cable may have rocked loose, or even just static discharge. Remove the battery to try to reset it. Don't own an iPhone, but it happened to a droid I had and basically the short made the phone think the battery was completely dead.

fishguy69

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
jahmic;299885 said:
Bring it to Starbuck's.

That's like church for Apple products. Hopefully it's not too late to save its soul.

:p Seriously though...sometimes using the phone while plugged in can cause a short. Cable may have rocked loose, or even just static discharge. Remove the battery to try to reset it. Don't own an iPhone, but it happened to a droid I had and basically the short made the phone think the battery was completely dead.
LOL that is soooooo true!

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
Don't own a computer, so no iTunes. This is a work phone, I'm not really into paying to fix it, unless I absolutely have to. Trying other suggestions.

FinsUp

According to my watch, the time is now.
M.A.S.C Club Member
If it's a work phone, turn that puppy over to your tech support people! Automatically not your problem.

fishguy69

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Come on J did you drop it in your new aquarium? LOL Like Cindy suggested turn the mutha over to the biz.

V

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
Tech support? Lol, were just a little company. I guess we'll see what happens tomorrow.

I tried restarting, nothing. Unplugged it and tried turning on, nothing. Plugged it in and tried to turn it on, nothing. I'd love to try and remove the battery, but first gotta figure out how to remove the lifeproof case.

SkyShark

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
H2O_intolerant;299896 said:
Oh, turns out power + front button resets the phone.

Was just about to suggest doing this. Did it work? You have to hold both buttons for a while. Same thing happened to me once.