Ps3

Status
Not open for further replies.

09bumblebee

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Anyone wanting or looking to buy a ps3? No trades. I don't play it. About 2 years old. 2 controllers, a couple games. I can give more info if requested. Docking station for the controllers to charge.

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
How many gig, how much you asking and is it backwards compatible?

09bumblebee

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
ReefCheif;210969 said:
How many gig, how much you asking and is it backwards compatible?
80g still have original box. And I have no idea what the second question means. I'm an Xbox guy

09bumblebee

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Games

UFC 2010
NFS shift
Dirt 2 American idol with mic
Skate 2
Gran turismo 5 cod black ops

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
Backwards compatible = playing PS2 games as well as PS3 games

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
It's not. Only the 40GB were I believe.

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
I think Drew is correct. I need a backwards one

09bumblebee

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
eBay selling them 200$ without games and docking station and 1 controller

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Hey just a heads up, the 20GB, 60GB, and some of the 80gb versions were backwards compatible.

Brian, if your 80GB version has the 4 USB ports on the front of the PS3 and is model number CECHE01, then it actually is backwards compatible with PS2 games.

09bumblebee

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
jahmic;211090 said:
Hey just a heads up, the 20GB, 60GB, and some of the 80gb versions were backwards compatible.

Brian, if your 80GB version has the 4 USB ports on the front of the PS3 and is model number CECHE01, then it actually is backwards compatible with PS2 games.
Thanks Khalis but its not that model.

kmellon

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I picked up one of the 80's when i heard they were being discontinued. It was a snap to drop a 320 gig into it. As yours just a couple of years old it is probably a slim. Should be just as easy to upgrade the drive for anyone that needs more capacity. We use ours as media players for the most part. I have all of our music, movies, and family pictures on my server and the ps3s can stream the data from it. Now if I could just load up my ps2 and ps3 games onto the drive, i would be set.

jahmic;211090 said:

Ghosty

Butterfly Fish
jahmic;211090 said:

Good info to know Khalis, thanks. Mine is 60gb non-slim, and does play my PS2 games. GLWS BumbleBee.

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I had an old 60GB and sold it long ago...ended up buying a slim 60GB a couple years back. Still kicking myself as I miss being able to pop in some PS2 titles now and then. Good thing I still have my PS2 sitting in the closet though. ;)

GLWS...if you get desperate I've been able to sell consoles on craigslist within a day or 2 of posting. Should be especially easy with the holidays coming up and people looking for a good deal.

Ghosty

Butterfly Fish
The slims don't? Guess I'm not gonna upgrade until I get sick of the LOUD fan, or need to go through all my PS2 games and see if I even wanna play any anymore, heh.

kmellon

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
+1

They dropped the backwards compatibility before the slim came out. There were two different versions built that could do it. One used the same chip that the ps2 used and the other used a software compatibility. I have the software capable unit. I understood dropping the extra hardware in the box since software worked, but silly to drop the software also.

GLWS.

jahmic;211117 said:
Correct, as far as I know, none of the slims are backwards compatible.

Status
Not open for further replies.