Raffle Trade - Members Feelings

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
Hey Guys, If you were at the BBQ then your aware I wont the big MRC reactor that was there. I really had no intention of winning it, I literally had a some extra tickets and put ne in each box, and BAM, I won it.

Ive done some research and with my current set up I cannot use this, Im happy with my dosing pumps and if its not broke Im not gonna fix it.

Heres what Im asking, and Im putting this here, becuase I genuinlly (sp?) care about what the members of this club think, and Id like to hear back form you guys, Ive already spoke to Chad as well.

I cannot use this, its just gonna sit, I absolutly am not going to sell it, I dont feel like its right to sell raffle items, so Im wondering if it would be frowned upon if i put it up for trade. Im sure someone here could use this and Im sure someone has something I can use that we could trade, however, if this is going to be frowned upon and make anyone angry Ill just hold onto it until I can find a use for it. Thoughts??

Munch

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Sell it, trade it, throw it off the back of a moving truck. It's yours. You put your money into the raffle. It's yours to do with as you please.

Smiley

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
i dont see an issue either, especially since your not trying to make a profit...what exactly is it you have?

asn-naso

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I have seen things like this blow up in the past on MASC, and think you are wise for approaching it this way. Personally, I would say it is yours, and it was your dollar that bought the ticket.

To help keep everyone happy, maybe you could trade it for one of the other raffles from the BBQ? Or, you could just trade it for a bunch of mohawks that are in my tank. (LOL!)

Walter White

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Ultimatley I'm a firm believer of you won it fair and square and its yours to do with as you please. I do think though that's is very good of you to show such respect for others in the club. That's a $600 reactor I'm sure you could sell it for a nice chunk of change to put towards your tank. What else do you need for your setup?

Bajamike

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
What do you need? I was trying to win this as my reactor was being a pita lately.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
Thanks guys, I have alot of respect for alot of you in this club and I hope you guys view me in the same way, I dont want to cross lines or upset people, Im not that guy, nor do I want to be.

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
Bajamike;263532 said:
What do you need? I was trying to win this as my reactor was being a pita lately.

What do you want to trade me Mike? Thats a $600 reactor! LOL, just kidding, but seriously, if any one here is interested in offering a trade ,throw it out there, Im completley open.

that0neguy1126

Registered Users
M.A.S.C Club Member
i have always been one that said if you win it, its yours.

We hate to see the stuff go to CL, but hey you can do what you want with it. The goal was to raise money for one of our own and we did that, so what does it matter?

plus you arn't trying to make a bunch of money with this and we can see you are honestly concerned about it.

FinsUp

According to my watch, the time is now.
M.A.S.C Club Member
ReefCheif;263533 said:
Thanks guys, I have alot of respect for alot of you in this club and I hope you guys view me in the same way, I dont want to cross lines or upset people, Im not that guy, nor do I want to be.
+10,000
It's because of things like this, and the help you continually offer to those who need it, that I have so much respect for you. I can't imagine a better way to handle a situation like this.

that0neguy1126;263536 said:
i have always been one that said if you win it, its yours.

We hate to see the stuff go to CL, but hey you can do what you want with it. The goal was to raise money for one of our own and we did that, so what does it matter?

plus you arn't trying to make a bunch of money with this and we can see you are honestly concerned about it.
+10,000

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
I am with the rest. You won its yours do as you will. That was the one thing I was shooting for at the BBQ too. What do you need?

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
I dont nessacarily need anything, thats where Im stuck, I obviously dont want to give it away, but not trying to profit from it. Im really open as of now.

Bajamike

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
MuralReef;263539 said:
I am with the rest. You won its yours do as you will. That was the one thing I was shooting for at the BBQ too. What do you need?
Back off Mike!!!!! Its mine all mine hahaha plus with a name like Mike you have to be up to no good!

Just kidding btw

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
That sounded almost evil! And of course I'm up to no good like you said comes with the name.

FinsUp

According to my watch, the time is now.
M.A.S.C Club Member
ReefCheif;263540 said:
I dont nessacarily need anything, thats where Im stuck, I obviously dont want to give it away, but not trying to profit from it. Im really open as of now.
You need some sticks... Maybe a yellow tang or two... Some coral food... possibly a 6' light fixture...

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
CRW Reef;263548 said:
Sounds like you got the blessing of the family to me ::best Tony Montana voice::
Ill keep it here in the members room for now and see what happens.