Robert.Talarico

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cherub

Hey you
M.A.S.C Club Member
First off I would like to say this is just my experience with this guy. Maybe others have had different or similar experiences but I felt the need to post this.

My first impression of this guy was good. He came over bought some frags that I had posted. Everything was kosher. Then he asked me to cut him some additional frags. He offered cash or trade for the additional frags. He offered me a 4 polyp utter chaos that he had cut a couple weeks back nice and healed for 4 1-2 polyp frags . That's fine I thought, they should be healed or whatever.

I cut him the frags but I cut him extras since he was so nice when we met. I let them heal up and I let him know what I cut him. He replies with "I have a single polyp utter and a 3 polyp utter I cut Thursday" So already he's changed the frag that I was supposed to get.

Long story short he gives me a frag of 3 polyp utter chaos in a pea cup and 25 dollars. I gave him 9 tubbs blues, 2 rastas, 3 dragon eyes, and I forget how many spidermans but it was more than the one he asked for. He tells me "if anything happens to them let me know. I replied it's fine if after three days they melt I don't ask for a replacement.

He leaves, I take the frag out and they are closed and not very happy. I do my dip, stick em on the frag rack and walk away.

Next day the utters look crappy and I decide to wait, maybe they are still just healing. Yesterday I text him "the utters are looking crappy" or something to that effect. Today they are withering away. They look awful and I still haven't gottena reply. I waited 26 hours before I text him again. "I repeat those utters look like crap. I don't think the trade was what you made it out to be. I gave you more then I said I would and you have me not 4 polyps but three melting a$$ crappy polyps"

Finally I get a reply.

It was pretty lengthy but basically "Sorry I did not get back to you early, I have a life. I can't pull 3 polyps out of my a$$ this second. If you want to cuss at me like a 15 year old I'm off work in 15 minutes and we can meet up and you can fin out how far you would get talking to me like that in person"

So basically what I am left with from this is... he cant reply because he has a life, he cant pull coral out his bum and he felt the need to threaten me because I used the word a$$ in my description of the coral.

Needless to say I will not be doing anymore business with this guy. He is no longer welcome in my home. I don't appreciate being threatened but then again who does? I did try to resolve this further but what can you say? I gave up. Not a huge loss but this certainly left a bad taste in my mouth. Now I got some weirdo who knows where I live threatening me. Great.

So that was my experience with him. You take what you will from it.

Cherub

Hey you
M.A.S.C Club Member
robert.talarico;237692 said:
The part where I said I would cut you more. This is really childish gabe
yeah after you threatened me and after I told you you weren't welcome at my house and after I posted this review.. I agree very childish

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Re: Robert.Talarico

Please remove the last pic in the string of pictures before the post is removed. We do not allow the use of foul language as well as we do not allow pictures or videos displaying the use of foul language.

We also have the same policy for members feedback as we do sponsor feedback. All outside parties posts will be removed.

robert.talarico

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Cherub;246112 said:
Ok Gabe. According to your reef angel your ph isn't even high enough to care for freshwater fish but its my fault that the polyps I gave you melted? Let it go gabe. I even offered to cut you more even though your parameters clearly aren't what they should be. No wonder all your DBTC frags melted or died the same day. I really wish all the others who purchased frags off me would chime in.

Cherub

Hey you
M.A.S.C Club Member
Actually Robert the frag you gave me didn't die. My review was in regard to how you handled my conern and about your threat. How you aren't banned is beyond me. I will continue to bump this post everytime I see you trying to sell anything so people know the type of person you are.

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Sorry we are locking this thread and requesting that the conversation be continued over pm or in private. Both parties have given their input, feedback and take on the matter and any subsequent posts have been nothing but "flaming" the problem. Please review the MASC POLICIES below. If you have any questions please PM myself and or one of the other board members.

MASC POLICIES: http://www.marinecolorado.org/forums/showthread.php?4439-MASC-Policies

Status
Not open for further replies.