The monster that lives in my basement....

TheRealChrisBrown

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Meet Edwardo, the Yellow Angler/frogfish I picked up yesterday from Vince at Great White. I tried feeding him this afternoon and his lure popped up several times but I couldn't corral the guppy and take a picture at the same time. I'll keep working for a better picture, so far he is doing awesome though!

TheRealChrisBrown

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
I got him to eat a minnow yesterday. After letting the minnow swim free in Edwardos tank, but never getting close enough to get eaten.....I was able to put the expired minnow on a piece of fishing line and offer it to Edwardo. I wasn't sure it was going to work since my hand was in the tank, but he immediately walked out of his cave and Boom, Bam, Pow he ate it in one chomp. I might try a thawed silverside in this manner next and see if he'll take it. But I need to wait a few days as to not overfeed him.

I think I might try some brackish mollies next as they might be able to free swim for longer than 2 minutes.

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
That's awesome! I also look forward to one day having a tank for one of these suckas too!

JodiI

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
B.O.D. Member-at-Large
Soooo cool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JNG

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Too cool!!
What about feeding it some ghost shrimp? No experience with anglers, but I used to feed them to stuff in the past. You could easily set up a small tank just to house his food.

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Been thinking of putting one of these in my fudge tank. Curious to see how he does over time. Cool fish