Wrasse compatibility

ReeferMatt

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Hey yall, so I have been thinking about adding either a yellow coris wrasse or a Melinarus wrasse to my tank to help with pests (flatworms mostly). I already have a 6 line wrasse and a purple dottyback, I'm worried that these fish may terrorize a more timid wrasse. Any thoughts on which would be better, both in it's ability to eat flatworms and compatibility?

MartinsReef

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
It may not work because of the six lines are so aggressive towards other wrasses that are added afterwards. Caution is all I can say.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

ReeferMatt

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Maybe I will have to trap the 6 line and house him in the nano for a few days... good excuse to get the nano plumbed in :)

WatercolorsGuy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I have a six line, a melanurus and an Xmas wrasse all together in my 90. The six line was first in the tank and added the mel about a months later then the Xmas a couple weeks after that. The only trouble I ever had was with the Xmas picking on the melanurus immediately after I put it in the tank. After about a week or so they decided to get along. The six line has been friendly to every fish in the tank. But then you just never know how it will go...

ReeferMatt

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I'm going to take a chance on a yellow coris, found one locally for a good price.

WatercolorsGuy;193116 said:
I have a six line, a melanurus and an Xmas wrasse all together in my 90. The six line was first in the tank and added the mel about a months later then the Xmas a couple weeks after that. The only trouble I ever had was with the Xmas picking on the melanurus immediately after I put it in the tank. After about a week or so they decided to get along. The six line has been friendly to every fish in the tank. But then you just never know how it will go...
Agreed....you never know but my 6-line gets along with all the other fish I have put in my tank....

Smiley

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
the 6 i had was fine til he got about 3". then he tore everyone a new one...I had a 4 line that was pretty nice to everyone, but ended up surfing after 3 years.