Zoa Growout Contest Official Thread

Jadkins4

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Alright everyone, I have received approval from the board to move forward with a zoa grow-out contest!

Rules are simple:

1. $40 paid entry will get you access to this grow-out contest. Only 10 people can enter! This includes the price for your single poly of Black Magic's, entry into a winner takes all pot (If all 10 entries are paid for by Monday, the 22nd, there will be a $100 winner takes all pot!), and a small donation to MASC which will add up to $50 if we get this contest filled!

WE ARE FULL!

2. I will list the participants usernames in order based upon when payment is received. Once we have reached 10 participants, I will use the random list generator feature that is offered at random.org to determine the exact zoa frag you each will get. This makes all entries random and will eliminate the cherry picking of frags.

3. This will be a 4 month long contest.

4. Scoring will be as follows. 1 point per each fully developed zoa head and 0.5 point per baby. Fully developed zoa head is defined as having a full skirt and fully visible face. A "baby" zoa head is defined as a poly that has yet to open.

5. Participants will be required to post an initial picture of the zoa frag received (on/before the 22nd of June), monthly progress photos (on/before 22nd of July, on/before 22nd August, on/before 22nd September), and a final picture submission to be posted on or before the 22nd of October deadline. All pictures must be submitted on this thread and by the deadlines set forth to be qualified for the winner takes all prize!

6. The final picture submission may require multiple pictures from all angles to ensure that judging of heads and babies can be conducted accurately. To be declared a full 1 point head, it must be open in picture! So please don't pick up the frag and take a picture of it after it is closed up and expect me to know what a baby and what a fully developed head is. If they are all closed up, then they are all babies!

7. If your frag melts, please post up that you are out and maybe a possible cause to why it died. I will replace the first frag to melt free of charge!

8. If your frag falls off the plug, please reattach as soon as you notice and post up a picture of the reattached frag as soon as you can.

9. You may move the frag around in your tank at your discretion. If you do so, the frag must remain attached the the initial frag plug received. You may cut off the stem of the frag plug and attached the frag plug disc to a large disc or to a piece of rock but it must remain on the frag plug disc you received.

10. I want to keep this as fun and informative as possible! People who chose not to follow the rules set forth may be disqualified at my discretion.

11. You will receive a single head of my Black Magic's! Every participant will start at 1! I will try and tally up the scores as we go along to keep things interesting!

12. Frag must be picked up on or before the 22nd of June. I am willing to meet up south of Denver in Castle Rock Friday night (19th) at 8 and north of Denver in Longmont/Loveland Saturday morning (20th) for those of you who don't live in or around the Denver area. I live in Aurora so if you do live in or around Denver, I would greatly appreciate if you could pick up one evening this week or next weekend. I will try and make it work for whoever is interested! Will dial in times and locations once we get this filled.

13. In the off chance we have a tie for a winner, the participants who do tie will have the choice to continue the contest 1 extra month to determine an outright winner or they can choose to split the pot. All participants that tie for the lead must agree to extend the contest. If one participant would like to split the pot, then the pot will be split among the winners.

NOW WHO WANTS TO GROWOUT THIS BAD ASS ZOA!?

I will edit in the Participants as I receive payment to keep track of everyone entered. Once we are filled, I will randomly assign the frags and reorder the list.

Payment List:
1. savagereefer
2. Quintonomo
3. Andrew_Bram
4. Cherub
5. Diddle822
6. Louie
7. TheRealChrisBrown
8. scchase
9. Sean V
10. NATEVENOM

Zoa Frag # List:
1. Cherub
2. NATEVENOM
3. TheRealChrisBrown
4. Sean V
5. schase
6. savagereefer
7. Louie
8. Diddle822
9. Andrew_Bram
10. Quintonomo

My name is Jordan, I am also on Instagram @nappyreefs, my cell is 3075751060 if anyone needs to reach out to me.

Now here are the pictures of the Black Magic's!

Daylight with no filter, taken with iPhone.

Reefbrites only with orange filter, taken with iPhone.

Photos of actual frags under blues with orange filter, taken with iPhone.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cherub

Hey you
M.A.S.C Club Member
I thought these were space invader palys? Either way I'm in. I work during the day so I wont be able to make it to your castle rock pick up but can stop by maybe Wednesday in aurora to grab one

Jadkins4

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I thought these were space invader palys? Either way I'm in. I work during the day so I wont be able to make it to your castle rock pick up but can stop by maybe Wednesday in aurora to grab one
They could be but idk? I see subtle differences like the lime green lashes. Wednesday works or was thinking about meeting in Castle rock around 6-7pm on Friday.

Jadkins4

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I am in but can I pay cash at pickup. I do not have PayPal or venmo.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
That works
I wanted to avoid cash if possible in the off chance someone doesn’t show up to meet and hadn’t paid. Then I’m left trying to to fill that slot last minute potentially.

Jadkins4

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
And we are full! Going to put the list into the randomly generated list feature on random.org right now and will be able to start making arrangements with those of you that I haven't already!

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Awesome! Good luck to everyone in the growout