1. Welcome to the shiny new site! Please have a look around and let us know how its working for you. Please note that all returning members will need to reset your passwords to login again. Click on "forgot password" to reset your password. If you still have issues then email us at board@marinecolorado.org Thanks
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Site Upgrade complete! A new version of the forum software has been uploaded. Please let us know if you have any issues. Thanks

“Small” upgrade!

Discussion in 'Tank Builds' started by SRT43R, Nov 4, 2018.

1. SRT43R

SRT43R Amphipod

6B33106B-A292-4CBC-BBEC-530206BA5C05.jpeg F386A604-105E-4453-BFE5-E8146755A4EA.jpeg 45BE6B21-8FEF-4915-9B7D-C93ADECB2200.jpeg 97891D2F-D5F0-402A-B23D-2A1CDC45E226.jpeg been away from the scene for a while, kids and life took priority.my redsea 250 has been going the entire time, just didn’t give it much attention.after much debate the wife and I decided to either get out of the Hobby or upgrade...well we opted to upgrade to say the least...meet my new 525 xl redsea reefer, running 3 radion xr15 pros(4g), 2 mp40’s, vectra return, reef link and a reef octopus skimmer, needless to say, this tank gave me the saltwater bug again!

neil82 and NickP like this.
  2. Dr.DiSilicate

Dr.DiSilicate Kraken Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. B.O.D. Member-at-Large

3. TheRealChrisBrown

TheRealChrisBrown Barracuda Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. B.O.D. Member-at-Large

4. Andrew_bram

Andrew_bram Shark M.A.S.C Club Member

Well looks likes this is off to a great start. What do you plan on keeping.
    Is all the sand and rock new also or is this what was running for the past while.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

5. SynDen

SynDen Shark Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. M.A.S.C President M.A.S.C Webmaster

That is a sexy beast. What's the stock plan for it?

6. SkyShark

SkyShark Tuna Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. B.O.D. Member-at-Large

Heck yeah, that’s an upgrade!

7. MuralReef

MuralReef Shark Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. MASC Vice-President

Nice upgrade!

8. SRT43R

SRT43R Amphipod

Sand is new, all rock from the old tank was transferred over and also added another 75lbs roughly of real reef rock. The tank is up, running and cycled. everything has been moved but it won’t let me upload the other pictures due to security reasons?i have nems, zoas and some lps.. plan is to fill the now void tank and also add some sps to the mix..we built the rock scape so the nems are segregated on the left side, zoas in the middle, lps in sand bed, sps on the right side (eventually).it houses a yellow tang, hippo tang, blonde naso tang, pair of regular clowns, pair of anthias, pair of black storm clowns, pipe fish and a lawnmower blenny

SynDen and kchristensen8064 like this.
  9. SRT43R

SRT43R Amphipod

10. Fourthwind

Fourthwind Amphipod M.A.S.C Club Member

NICE! My wife takes away the credit cards when I go to the reef store sooo.. lol

11. halmus

halmus Prawn Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. M.A.S.C Secretary

The tank’s looking great! Quite an upgrade with the Ecotech gear. The Radions look like they have perfect spread for that footprint.

12. SRT43R

SRT43R Amphipod

Thanks!i am very pleased with the eco tech setup.I was originally looking at 3 xr30’s but figured it would be overkill. Really glad I went with the 15’s instead.