$10 - Live Phytoplankton for sale! Cultured for high HUFA!

Phytoplankton -- Nannochloropsis -- Live culture!

$10 for 500 ml of very dense culture. Will accept trades and discounts for buying more than 1!
  • The phytoplankton is alive and the culture technique promotes the production of high amounts of Highly unsaturated fatty acids (EPA and ARA).
  • The culture is very dark green
  • Increased copepod population - Great for Mandarins and Copperband Butterfly!
    • I have a 2 blue mandarins and a copperband butterfly doing very well in a 58 gallon + 15 gallon effective fuge
  • Increased Coral coloration
  • Increased Coral rate of growth

~5x Concentrate is also available. Ask for price.

If you are looking for more (up to gallons), let me know. Price is negotiable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Coral frags, powerheads, beer, brewing equipment, testing kits, salt, im pretty open to offers.

And you wouldn't want to add it all at once. It would wreck havoc on your tank. Start with a tablespoon or two depending on tank size and work your way up.
You can keep it in your fridge, just remember to shake it every couple days.

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
This is something that the fish as well as corals can eat right? Might need some when I get the 120 setup.

Drew

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aztecdreams

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Helix;193305 said:
Coral frags, powerheads, beer, brewing equipment, testing kits, salt, im pretty open to offers.

And you wouldn't want to add it all at once. It would wreck havoc on your tank. Start with a tablespoon or two depending on tank size and work your way up.
You can keep it in your fridge, just remember to shake it every couple days.
I have some corals I can frag. Maybe you can come by and see what you like?

Ghosty

Butterfly Fish
Is this the type that breeders use to feed Rotifers, in turn to feed to baby fry?

LittleCrabby101;193325 said:
Do you ship?
Let me check shipping regulations for phytoplankton but I dont forsee it being a problem.

aztecdreams;193324 said:
I have some corals I can frag. Maybe you can come by and see what you like?
Where in Denver are you located? Let me know what you have and if you want to come up to boulder I will give you extra phyto.

Ghosty;193359 said:
Is this the type that breeders use to feed Rotifers, in turn to feed to baby fry?
Nanno is one of the prevalent cultures of phytoplankton, I would be very amazed if they won't work for rotifers. I am trying to start a culture of rotifers and trigger pods.

cdrewferd;193321 said:
This is something that the fish as well as corals can eat right? Might need some when I get the 120 setup.

Drew
Yes, I have seen my chromis go crazy when I drop them in. I've seen my clowns and foxface go after them too.

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Hmm. Hope you have some available for a while. Gonna be another month or 2 before I'm ready for some.

Zooid

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Helix;193431 said:
Nanno is one of the prevalent cultures of phytoplankton, I would be very amazed if they won't work for rotifers. I am trying to start a culture of rotifers and trigger pods.

Yes, I have seen my chromis go crazy when I drop them in. I've seen my clowns and foxface go after them too.
Nanno works good for growing rotifers but larvae need to have more nutrition. So Nanno will work but if you don't enrich the rotifers with other microalgaes, you may experience weaker larvae and more deaths at metamorphosis. That said, I've raised larvae from rotifers grown with Nanno only and I had many survive through meta.

I have several large cultures going of Nanno, so I think I'll have some for quite a while. I am in the process of doing some reading on Rhodomonas lens, T. Iso, and Tetraselmis suecica.
I was hoping to get a small amount start-up capital from what I sell here so I can move on to the tougher and more nutritious strains.

I'll be talking with the Biology department at my University and see if they can provide starter cultures or I may have to order from a company.

Will you be at the meeting because I would like some
I'm in my last year of chemical and biological engineering at CU so I have quite a bit of studying.
However, I'd like to purchase a masc membership to help support the club, so if enough people are interested that it would cover my gas and fee's then I should be able to make it happen.

Dbarnes

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Ill take some, i can pickup nxt week. Can you txt me your adress.. 303-718-3484

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

SteveT

Butterfly Fish
Helix;193664 said:
I'm in my last year of chemical and biological engineering at CU so I have quite a bit of studying. However, I'd like to purchase a masc membership to help support the club, so if enough people are interested that it would cover my gas and fee's then I should be able to make it happen.
No need to pay membership fees to attend a MASC meeting. As a matter of fact, if you attend 2 meetings in a row you become an honorary member without paying any dues. Either way I am interested in some of your phyto and I will probably buy enough to pay for gas and a membership as long as you have that much:smile:

SteveT;193684 said:
No need to pay membership fees to attend a MASC meeting. As a matter of fact, if you attend 2 meetings in a row you become an honorary member without paying any dues. Either way I am interested in some of your phyto and I will probably buy enough to pay for gas and a membership as long as you have that much:smile:
Awesome Steve, I didn't know that. Will you be at the next meeting? I have quite a bit that is ready to go, so I'll bottle it all up before the next meeting.

Dbarnes;193677 said:
Ill take some, i can pickup nxt week. Can you txt me your adress.. 303-718-3484

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Texted you, any idea how much you wanted?

robertgangly;193688 said:
i will take some too in 10 days or so when i get back from work if you have any left
Will you be making it to the meeting? One batch is ready to go, the other is still growing and then I will have to stress it for higher HUFA. I wont sell the next batch until I believe it is good enough.

Also I just wanted to thank everyone for the (unexpected) enthusiasm for the phytoplankton!