175G tank and stand

MattL

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Are you taking the live stock too? I would say $400-$500 tops. The tank is not drilled, and usually people just need it gone.

dvenson

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
coralman;136403 said:
how much would you pay for this just to give me an idea what i should pay
i am thinking about buying it

what is it worth to you?

i cruise cragslist for deals and steals sometimes i find one sometimes i dont. Give us some more details about the system. Glass or Acrylic? RR or not? What is included and the condition such as lights, skimmer, fish ect.....

dvenson

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
MattL;136432 said:
Dvenson might have the right idea, lowball some people just want it gone.
its not about low balling someone but the realistic value of the item and the cost of investing the money into setting up and maintaining the system.

it is every thing from the lights down LR and live stock also. know on further inspection the tank has a big scratch on the out side of the glass that can not be fixed
ao i was thinking 200-300 at the most

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
i probably wouldn't buy it for a reef tank because it looks pretty tall and leds or t5's would have a hard time penetrating all the way to the bottom ..i also am not a fan of the cheap stands

but if for some reason i really wanted it ...probably $200 tops just for tank and stand

i am thinking about keeping it a fot sense that is what it is the person who has it will not part out he is going to sell the hole lot as it is only
but i am worried about scratch on the out side of the tank it is deep.

chrislorentz

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
how much is he asking?

scchase

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
B.O.D. Member-at-Large
Well if you decide ot get it and don't want the fish I would be interested in the puffer and the butterfly

save your money and get a tank with an overflow.. you' ll always want one and I would add you'll always need one. OoHH!! unless you buy the tank and make it a sump for a future 400 gallon? :). I wouldn't but it.

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
$600 is way too much IMO

if you are thinking about spending anywhere close to that ($600) be patient alot of good deals come through here ....the ONLY thing i see that tank has going for it is its large volume

but beauty is in the eye of the beholder and maybe you see something i dont

dvenson

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
i have a 150 gallon tall with stand that needs some TLC i would let go for $140 it needs the top trim replaced and siliconed

talk about getting lucky the guy who hard the 175g just called me and said that the tank broke where the deep scratch was what a mess i am glad i did not but it